Thread: old school bagua kungfu movies?

old school bagua kungfu movies?

Anyone know of any old school bagua kungfu movies? I know that "the one" was out, but i was looking for old school shaw bros type stuff with bagua. I remember i had seen a couple in which shaolin was against the wudang temple and they had some priests practing bagua and stuff but can't remember the titles. Any thoughts?

thanks.
    A.

These are the movies that I know have BaGua in them.

The Undaunted Wudang (features BaGua and Hsing-I)
    Shaw Bros. Born Invincible (features Tai Ji and BaGua)
    The honor of Dong Fang Xu ( Features strictly BaGua training methods and fighting)

Hope this helps

PEACE
    Don't panic I'm only hispanic!

hellzz yeah! I know i have the undauntd wudang lying around here somewhere. I will definitely check out the other movies you mentioned, especially the honor of DFX flick!

Thanks. anymore titles are certainly welcomed!
    A.

I can attest to the wicked awesomeness of "The Honor of Dong Fang Xu" but have never trained any ba gua, so just have to guess at how authentic it is. There's only a small amount of silliness in it, like backward loops and stuff.

The plot's not so bad either.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I found out that I already had 2 of these in my collection. I checked out the undaunted wudang, and that one is pretty good. Girl goes to the wudang temple to learn some bagua. I didn't think the fighting was very characteristic of bagua evasiveness in my mind, but it was good to see some on the tv screen

As for born invincible, I was actually quite disappointed. I was hoping to see some "drunken tai chi" or even some "tai chi master" kind of fighting, but it was more like iron body qigong type of taiji training. The movie wasn't so bad, but I was disappointed in the representation of taiji.

I'm gonna for sure check out the honor of ... flick. Hopefully that's satisfy my bagua urge

A.

Anyone know where I can find these movies?

I searched at my local ma movie stores, but no luck

I couldn't even find them on imdb.com

yo muppet...

you should check the following sites: www.ebay.com
    www.hkflix.com
    www.dvdcult.com/links.htm

That should get ya going
    A.