Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something weird happened to me in class

Something weird happened to me in class

We were demonstrating chokes, and I was the guinea pig. No thing for me, as I have a pretty thick neck and am generally hard to choke. It gives everyone a chance to practice and me a chance to practice not panicking when the choke is coming. anyway, this one guy is choking me, and I don't feel a thing. After he stopped, one of the judo coaches was showing him what he did wrong. While he was talking, everything started getting fuzzy - I was losing consciousness. I came to before I fell or showed any signs of weakness or anything, so nobody knew what happened except me. There's nothing weird and unheard of about getting choked out of course, but I started to go AFTER he let go...WTF??!?! has this happened to anyone else?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Was it

sort of like when you are laying down for a while and you get up too fast?

Arteries clogged...

Seven Star:
    If you began to pass out once he let go, your arteries may have been stuck closed after he released the choke. This phenomenon was thought to be associated with several police chokehold related deaths and was one reason chokes were banned by many police departments. People of African-American descent with atheroschlerosis were thought to be of highest risk of having this happen.

Not sure what your ethnic background or cholesterol levels are, but you might want to have a physician check you out.

nah, not really - it was more than dizziness, my vision was fading out, then I snapped out of it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i have had the get up to fast and the blood rushes to your head Turn into semi blacking out "bieng able to stand and speak but its like your in a dark field...spacey like in a field but dark like a closet" after taking a few steps while dizzy from getting up to quik after eating laying down watching tv...after a few steps i started to talk to a friend and still felt dizzy as i didnt stay still after i got up!...then while talking the dizz turn into dark and i had to grab the counter and do the whole parrallel to bent over winded routine until i gained normal composure.

so maybe you byspassed bieng dizzy and went striaght into semi blackout...wich as knifefighter pointed out answering my question wich i was going to ask for your opinion...maybe he made clotted bloodvessels however minute in the simple choke then when released you got a headrush but not the standard one from the wavemotion of getting up; MAYBE HE ASHIDA KIMD YOU DIMMAK ANDALLATHAT ...Seriously you may want to talk to your fam doctor besides kfo for insights in these matters!.

guessing

that this has something to do with the carotid arteries and a possible reaction to blood oxygen or blood pressure changes due to the demo's and not necessarily to underlying pathology.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

also blacks suffer the most from high blood pressure the rapper scarface had to cancel his recent tour he was at the point of death but didnt know it...like you could feel fine but your BP is to high, like you will think your stressed because of a corny boss at work but in reality your heart is erratically pulsating just from your general composure...and to you you feel fine except when the boss nags...but if your bp was normal you would just laugh at em in your head and do you.... Not to sound like a disgruntled postal worker just speaking in general.

Can any physicians in the place tell us about how high blood pressure can kill you without you knowing it; also my point behind this 7 i have read a few reports besides faces wich state im not sure if its just american blacks i actually think it is bieng the slaves grew up on pigs feet and ****!???? no idea but they say blacks have to watch for high bp even more then the general pop!.

thought youd like to know its a major concern besides what knfiefighter mentioned!.
    peace

ohya im also bored as **** so i thought i would post its not like I Care

Re: guessing

Originally posted by Cody
    that this has something to do with the carotid arteries and a possible reaction to blood oxygen or blood pressure changes due to the demo's and not necessarily to underlying pathology.

Cody
    Hey Cody what do you mean by pathology in respect to post?...how does blood oxygen etc relate to my getting up then dizzy into semi blackout?...i have had it almost occur two times since it happenned about two years ago, but stayed still before it adjusted!.
    any ideas?.

Well, then you might have had a close call. Stoping the blood supply to the brain can shut down some of your autonomic nervous systems responses. Or you could have just been on the verge of blacking out when he let go. If it was me, I'd tell them to change up dummies every couple of chokes so you aren't the only one with oxygen deprivation.

Knifefighter gave a good answer, and if this happens it isn't a good scenario for anyone involved. You could die, or worse end up a vegitable. There is a third, smaller artery in the back of your neck that can supply enough blood to keep you alive, especially if you are getting some past the blockages in the carotids. But it won't be enough to keep the brain alive for long. You also could go berserk befor going out, and you might hurt someone else.

That info should make your workouts more enjoyable!

Yo Sev

Be the phuk careful OK? Seriously Bro, be careful.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Thumbs up

I'll definitely make sure we switch chokees next time. I'm not worried about high blood pressure or cholesterol though - my cholesterol level is excellent as is my bp. I am more prone to low blood pressure than high it seems - There have been occasions where I've had to get my bp take multiple times because they said as low a reading as they were getting, I shoulda been dead! I was just extremely relaxed.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I had a blood pressure drop once, and it was like you described, in terms of the losing your vision thing, except that my heart felt like it was slowing down for some reason and I actually made it all the way to the floor. It was like falling asleep, then I came to but I didn't want to stand up, just sat there for a while in a chair until I felt better. It was due to dehydration and exhaustion, also from travelling and stress. I think it was an isolated incident, not related to a chronic condition.

hey diego,

Pathology is another way of saying that there is something wrong or abnormal. This translates to a perfectly normal person, without blood pressure problems or clogged arteries, becoming dizzy when the carotids are pressed, as they could be in a choke hold.
    What you ask next is kind of technical. If you get up and then get dizzy, my guess (again) would be something blood pressure related. Inner ear problems can also cause dizziness, but I'm not informed enough to say more than I have.

The brain breathes, man.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

Just be careful. I haven't had the chance to torture you yet.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Sounds Dim Mak-y. If you have low blood pressure typically, since the dead have really low blood pressure, inhibiting blood flow (eh hemmm, such as impropper choke technique (you might find-out or recall how that person was doing the chjoke wrong to realize what might have gone on with you.

These are Martial arts, regardless of one's intent. Perform a killing move in play...that you didn't want person dead won'tkeep them alive if you accidentally do it right.

Perhaps some-such some might say whatever whatever very whatever very very...~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com