Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Black Belt to fight in next UFC!

Kung Fu Black Belt to fight in next UFC!

haHa j/k

seriously, how do you guys feel a TCMA would do under the UFC rules against these upcoming opponets...

0001 RICCO RODRIQUEZ -102 Fri 27-Sep 0002 RANDY COUTURE -138 06:00 PM

0003 BJ PENN -178 Fri 27-Sep 0004 MATT SERRA +138 06:00 PM

0005 DIN THOMAS -110 Fri 27-Sep 0006 CARL UNO -130 06:00 PM

0007 PEDRO RIZZO -550 Fri 27-Sep 0008 GAN MC GEE +350 06:00 PM

0009 TIM SYVIA -123 Fri 27-Sep 0010 WES CORREIRA -107 06:00 PM

0011 DAVE MENNE +100 Fri 27-Sep 0012 PHIL BARONI -140 06:00 PM

0013 MATT LINDLAND +105 Fri 27-Sep 0014 IVAN SALAVERRY -145 06:00 PM

0015 BENJI RADACH +115 Fri 27-Sep 0016 SEAN SHERK -155 06:00 PM
    Would you ask your men to carry a weapon that was “theorized” to work but had never been field tested to meet the high demands of modern day special operations? Of course not! Then why should we “assume” that the stunts and routines that are taught in most unarmed combative courses will work for real? The fact of the matter is that most of these courses, regardless of their many colorful origins, offer techniques that have not been “battle tested” against aggressive, non-compliant individuals.

Re: Kung Fu Black Belt to fight in next UFC!

Originally posted by chokeyouout

seriously, how do you guys feel a TCMA would do under the UFC rules against these upcoming opponets...

Depends. Who's the guy? How do YOU think the average BJJ Blue Belt would do?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

He still does'nt know there are no black belts in Kung Fu!...Only in Shaolin-do and other things like that!... Anyway!...
    Last edited by old jong; 09-21-2002 at 06:44 PM.

I hope they all do well.

I don't even know who those people you mentioned are choke.

Is there something special about them in the grand scheme of sport fighting?

Just curious as I don't really follow that stuff in depth.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'd imagine pretty poorly.

The rules are stacked against kung fu fighters.

Street fighting - that's DIFFERENT.

Good point, Old Jong

BWAHAHAHAHA! "Kung Fu Black Belt" Man, these wrasslers sure are some geniuses, ain't they....?
    K. Mark Hoover

"Randy Couture"?

Is this the credits for "Laurence of A-labia"?
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Abd "Benji Radach" was definitely the bald guy in "Robocock"

Or was it "Thighs Wide Shut"...... ?
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

chokeyouout

turn your PM on,I came across what you have been looking for.

asd

I dont think the rules are stacked against kungfu fighters, i just dont think UFC type stuff interests kungfu people. I think the idea of kungfu being an alternate to boxing+muaythai+wrestling+BJJ is stupid because obviously crosstraining 4 arts gives you more skills then just training one.

I agree with le noob, its not stacked against anyone depending on how they use their technique, Chin na practitioners who focus on alot of locks and holds may do well for example.

Hell, a wing chun master could go on and win for god sakes if he could knock a man out with one blow.
    A red sand palm practitioner or one finger kung (if u believe) could easily defeat the usual thugs that come into that ring if they were well practiced, you cant rule anyone out.

(1 finger kung - if you can injure some1 without even physically touching them then think about it) hehe
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

Question about UFC rules

Can I use small joint manipulations (finger Chi na)?

If I throw a guy head first on the mat and he's not killed or knocked out because of the mat (As opposed to hard ground), can I kick him in the head to get a knockout wile he is lying there? Can I get behind his head and perform "monkey pounds the mortar" (a low horse stance that hammer fists the ground, or opponent's face wile he is on the ground)? Don Frey used to do this one alot in the early UFC's, with great results.

From what I understand, if your opponent is on the ground, you have to "rassle" him. You can't stay on your feet (where it's safe) and use real Kung Fu to finish him. I think it's against the rules.

Also, can I intentionally rip his elbows apart with a Chi Na?? Or is intentionally maiming your opponent illegal? What about breaking a finger? Is it OK to spear hand an opponenet in the jugular? What about a "Cutting" Slice to the eye socket?

Am I allowed to throw him on his back and stomp on his face real hard? Can I grab his head and slam the back of it into the mat as hard as I can?? Would it even work because it's a mat he's falling on instead of hard ground like the real world?

Can get behind a guy and iron palm his floating rib so hard it gets driven into and internal organ and causes internal bleeeding?? I may want to do that to slow em down for my throw and subsequent face stomp, is that allowed?

Can I knife hand him in the back of the head or based of brain?

Can I elbow him in the eye socket?

Am I allwed to Iron Palm him in the fragile side of the head for a knockout? And them throw him on the ground and kneel on his neck to make sure he's out cold?

If I can't do all this stuff, I'd have to go learn BJJ and Muy tai to fight in this venue, and I really don't want to waste my time with that. Heck, if I could do what I wanted in the Kuo Sho, i'd already be fighting there anyway.

Never mind, I'm not interested anyway.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

That's a stupid question. who cares? That's like saying how do you think Oscar De La Hoya would do? People do what they like... what makes them happy. Not everyone wants to be a professional fighter.

can you do the majority of those things in a shuai chiao tourney?

no.

can you do the majority of them in san shou?

no.

can you do the majority of them in kuo shu?

no.

bjj guys do use small joint manipulation to some extent. They know not to use it in competitions though. If they can adapt, so could any CMA. CMA is not the only style that would prefer to remain standing and fight or run if their opponent was on the ground. However, they adapt to the situation. Adaptability is an important to an art as the techniques you learn. How good is it if you can only use it in certain situations?

And, if I'm not mistaken, In Pride you can knee your opponent in the head while you are both on the ground.

CMA trains punches, kicks, elbows and knees, correct? that and a little grappling knowledge is more than enough to survive in NHB, so rule restriction isn't really a factor, IMO. When you train in your club, do you maim other students, do you use, chin na to dislocate, or do you stop when you see their reaction and know they feel it? Granted there are rule restrictions that make it less than realistic when compared to a street altercation, but those restrictions apply to more than CMA.

And actually, some of the things you mentioned are legal. If you want to palm him in the floating ribs, feel free. once it slows him (if it slows him) g'head and throw him. if you do cause internal bleeding, that's on your conscience. Want to elbow him in the eye? g'head.

I even seem to remember a rule (can't remember what venue) where after you knocked someone down, you could kick them once. Dunno if that's still allowed though, as I can't even remember the venue.

and you may not be able to do "monkey pounds the mortar" but you can to GnP - punches and elbows from a mounted position.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 09-22-2002 at 10:07 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

In a street environment a kung fu practicioner would do better than in a ring. In an MMA match most TMA's including kung fu would get raped. Kung Fu guys have entered before and have gotten a spanking. On the streets, they would probably still lose but mainly because most kung fu training is unrealistic for real fighting (especially compared to how kung fu was trained in reality historically in China).

But technichly, there is no reason why some kung fu styles (i.e san sou, shouldin, wing chun and.......thats about it) could not be extremely effective in MMA as a style to cross train in. They just need to train for it. But please, leave hung gar and monkey style to the chinese opera.
    FCF: So, who will you be facing at the next PRIDE event?

'It doesn't matter who the opponent is, I expect to win by knockout'

-Vanderlai Silva