Thread: New Chen Taiji Book

New Chen Taiji Book

Sorry if this book has been posted about before, but I found a great book on Chen style Taiji yesterday. Chen Style Taijiquan: The Source of Taiji Boxing by Davidine Siaw-Voon Sim and David Gaffney is an excellent book. Everyone interested might want to at least rifle through it at their local bookstore. Unlike many other Taiji books, this one feels like it was put together by people who are sincere about the art and more interested in spreading good information than making a quick buck.

Quite so...it is even available at Barnes & Noble... It is NOT a general Taijiquan book but one that does indeed fcus on Chen style in a lot od detail.

By the way, Sam, did you get the notes I sent you that you asked for on the sword basics and exercises?

Hi GLW,
    Nice to hear from you. No, I never got the info. Hotmail deleted a bunch of messages of mine a while back because they changed the account size to make it smaller. I lost a whole lot of stuff because I went a while without checking it. If you could send it again, I'd be most grateful.

hi

this is a good book in the sense that it give English readers a indepth undertsanding of the Chen Taijiquan beyond the forms. It draws it information from different sources, mainly Chinese Chen Taiji books. (those by Chen Xin, Ma Hong, Chen Zhenglei, ZHu Tiancai, etc)

If you have read the chinese books before, you may find that this English book seems to be mainly a translation work. If this is your first book on Chen Style, it will be a wealth of knowledge.

Just my thots.

regards

Sam,

I dug up the writing and just sent it using the e-mail feature found here from your profile. I am assuming that it works. If you don't get it in a day or so let me know here.

It was originally written and formatted in MS word so the formatting when I copied and pasted it into the email form here did not carry over...so it may be a bit ugly in format.

The email here doesn't allow attachments...

Hi Guys.

I just received the Wayfarer Publications Catalog and the Book is also available from them.

Thought this might inerested people that can't find it locally.

Cheers.

P.S.: Ordered mine already.

GLW

I just checked my profile since the email didn't arrive yet, and it turns out an old email address was listed here, that I don't use any more. I changed the address in my profile if you could try it one more time, or else you could email me directly at taiji_boxer@hotmail.com.

Terribly sorry about all the confusion.
    Last edited by Sam Wiley; 09-29-2002 at 05:59 AM.

Sam,

you should have an e-mail called Sword Stuff waiting for you...

GLW

Got it! Cool! I'll start working on the stuff as soon as I can work it in. Thanx, man.

Sam,

glad to hear it. If any of it wasn't clear, let me know. Trying to write down what you physically do and making it intelligible can be...challenging to say the least.

Our latest sweepstakes. Enter to win!

Enter to win Chen Taijiquan Illustrated Autographed by David Gaffney
    Contest ends 9/15/2022

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart