Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Hung Fut

Some Hung Fut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tR-l-YNAKU&NR=1

Some Hung Fur from Victoria BC Canada.

nice

Nice work, the last Video was very well performed.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Ya I really like there stuff, don't know much about this school.. Was hoping for some input on this style/school

Nice to see Hung Fut is in Canada! But the history on that site is not too correct.

really, what's not correct?

There hung fut looks different that the stuff out of Honk Kong and Tai Yim's.

It is differrent from the more well known branches, but there are a number of different variations and interpretations of Hung Fut. Bok Mo Jiu taught so many differrent people, and taught so many different people different things and differently. Although they don't reference White Haired Devil in their history on the web page, I would have to assume based on the post Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung style Hung Kuen influence that it most certainly stemmed from some aspect of teaching from WHD, with an influence of some other long arm style or styles, maybe northern shaolin or Bak Hok or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemantis View Post
    really, what's not correct?
    1. Well, it says Hung Fut was created nearly 400 years ago, when it is actually less than 200 years old.
    2. It says Hung Fut was created at Fujian Shaolin Temple, when it is actually created at Ba Pai Shan (Baat Paai Saan) in Guangxi.
    3. It says Hung Fut was a combination of Hung Ga and Fut Ga, when it is actually Hung Keun and Fut Jeung.

Its a brief history but these are legitimate points none the less. When one history is off others copy it and get thrown off, so even trivial points do matter when telling ones roots.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    I would have to assume based on the post Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung style Hung Kuen influence that it most certainly stemmed from some aspect of teaching from WHD, with an influence of some other long arm style or styles, maybe northern shaolin or Bak Hok or something along those lines.
    The long fist component of the style is the Fut Jeung portion. Hung Fut was originally called Hung Keun Fut Jeung 洪拳佛掌, a synthesis of two ways:
    1. Hung Keun 洪拳 being the "fist of Hung Hei" (no relation to "Hung Ga" of Luk Ah Choi) who was one of the founder Wun Lei's teachers. This Hung Fist should have been a short fist style similar to Bak Mei or other Fujian styles.
    2. Fut Jeung 佛掌 being the style Wun Lei learned at Baat Paai Saan (no relation to "Fut Ga" style which is a combination of Hung Ga and Choi Ga), which is actually the same Fut Jeung as in Choi Lei Fut. This Fut Jeung should have been a long fist style similar to Tongbei or Pigua from the north.

That is the roots of the style historically, but I was told prior to Bak Mo Jiu (White Hair Devil) that the style was virtually unknown and unheard of. How the style developed and what happened along the way isnt known but some say there is a major influence from Wong Fei Hung.
    Last edited by soulfist; 06-10-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: error

Where do you find a record that Luk Ah Choi was a teacher of Lei Jo Foon.
    Where does the information come from that Hung Fut originated in Guangxi.
    The long arm techniques from the video for the Canadian Hung Fut group are not indicative of Fut Ga Kuen or "Fut Jeong" as you put it. That's why I stated thier branched looks influenced from another long arm style.
    The Fut Ga of Choy lay Fut is in argument even amongst their own branches, as to wether it is in reverence to buddhist influence of the monk Ching Cho or to a style of Fut Ga Kuen, and we all know Fut Ga was also used as an obtuse way to reference MA stemming from Shaolin.
    It has been stated and shown to a degree by Hung Ga/Hung kuen practitioners on this and other forums that Hung Kuen prior to Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung was different. The HF videos from this thread, are in my opinion, visibly influenced from the post Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung generations. Some speculate that style of Hung Kuen played into Bok Mo Jiu's development of Hung Fut, some others speculate that it was the other way around.
    This post may come off as defensive, but it is not. I love learning new things, and discussing kungfu history, and any information that can be shared I am grateful for, it only goes to create a more well rounded understanding for people.

http://hungfut.ca/instructor.html

It say's on there web page that there Sigung use to have a school in Honk kong. wouldn't the Hung Fut people out of Hong Kong know who this Sigung is and why there hung Fut looks different?

Where do you find a record that Luk Ah Choi was a teacher of Lei Jo Foon.
    Im pretty sure I said the opposite! Heres my post with the point in bold:
    Hung Keun 洪拳 being the "fist of Hung Hei" (no relation to "Hung Ga" of Luk Ah Choi) who was one of the founder Wun Lei's teachers.

Where does the information come from that Hung Fut originated in Guangxi.
    It may or may not, but according to Bak Mo Jiu the Fut Jeung that Lei Jou Foon learned was at Baat Paai Mtn, which is in Guangxi.

The long arm techniques from the video for the Canadian Hung Fut group are not indicative of Fut Ga Kuen or "Fut Jeong" as you put it. That's why I stated thier branched looks influenced from another long arm style.
    Why not? Fut Jeung is a long arm system, why does their long arm not come from their long arm component? Fut Jeung doesnt really have a shape, its a style about opening the joints and extending the limbs.

The Fut Ga of Choy lay Fut is in argument even amongst their own branches, as to wether it is in reverence to buddhist influence of the monk Ching Cho or to a style of Fut Ga Kuen, and we all know Fut Ga was also used as an obtuse way to reference MA stemming from Shaolin.
    I answered that already. The very first reference to a style with the name "Fut Ga" was the one created by Leung Tin Jiu 梁天柱, who founded it in the 1900's by mixing Hung Ga and Choi Ga. Fut Jeung on the other hand was an unrelated style taught at Guangxi, which put the long arm in both Hung Fut and Choi Lei Fut.
    In short, there are 2 styles! Fut Jeung 佛掌 is not Fut Ga 佛家.

It has been stated and shown to a degree by Hung Ga/Hung kuen practitioners on this and other forums that Hung Kuen prior to Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung was different. The HF videos from this thread, are in my opinion, visibly influenced from the post Wong Kay Ying/Wong Fei Hung generations. Some speculate that style of Hung Kuen played into Bok Mo Jiu's development of Hung Fut, some others speculate that it was the other way around.
    I brought that up already as well:
    This Hung Fist should have been a short fist style similar to Bak Mei or other Fujian styles. / How the style developed and what happened along the way isnt known but some say there is a major influence from Wong Fei Hung.

I performed a google search based upon soulfist's information. I'm not sure but I believe there was a Fut Gar that existed prior to Leung Tin Jiu.

One style that was formally founded using the name of "Fut Ga" has its origins at one of the Siu Lum Temple in Guandong Province. Early on in its history, the monks at this Siu Lum (Shaolin in Mandarin) temple were fortunate enough to learn martial arts from fighters that had mastered the 5 most popular systems of Southern Kung Fu. These styles were Lau Ga, Lei Ga, Mok Ga, Choi Ga, and Hung Ga. The names of the styles reflect the surname of the particular style's founder.
    Some people's kids!

Blog Entries
    These styles were Lau Ga, Lei Ga, Mok Ga, Choi Ga, and Hung Ga. The names of the styles reflect the surname of the particular style's founder.
    if by what that post is saying, i can see how Lau Ga, Lei Ga, Mok Ga, Choi Ga, and Hung Ga if combined, Fut Gar might be a generic term for all those styles under one name.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better