Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BlackTaoist - NHB?

Here are some video clips of MMA fighting from Bullshido.

http://www.bullshido.us/dl_showall.a...by+USAWrestler

Click "Bob Sapp" and "MMA Beatdown!"
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

Some points...

Here are the Pride rules--things you can't do.

Biting

Eye thumbing and eye gouging

Head butting

Attacking the groin

Pulling Hair

Pushing the windpipe with the thumb or finger (s) or squeezing the windpipe with hand

Attacking the back of the head, the spine and/or the medulla (The back of the head is the centerline of the head and the area around the ears are not considered to be the back of the head.)

Using the elbows to attack the head or the face

Stalling or failure to initiate any offensive or defensive attack.

That's it. If these types of rules are too restrictive, I don't know what to say. FWIW, finger breaking is usually illegal and when it's not specifically mentioned, it's generally considered unsportsmanlike.

Secondly, if you are interested in fighting in these events, don't worry about UFC or Pride. There are tons of amateur and low level professional (not distinguishable from amateur) shows that need fighters in all different weights. The argument that "these guys are pros" is kinda bogus. Your years of experience (or lack thereof) will net you nothing in terms of where you get to start--that is, the UFC or Pride or some of the other larger shows aren't going to take you off the bat. Only your ring results matter. When you've demonstrated that, well if you want to keep going, feel free.

I'd also have to disagree with the idea that most fighters are just "streetfighting." Plenty of technique.

Finally, CD Lee--guard is one of the best defensive options on the ground. Nobody just walks out and pulls guard anymore--and that's what we're talking about when we're saying we "wouldn't go to guard." If I am taken down and can't immediately get back up or find a way to reverse, guard's my best option. And guard is not necessarily the closed legged hug-fest. There is guard and then there is guard, you know?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

nhb ameture fights

I recently saw on this website in kentucky http://www.4smma.com on their forum that they are having some kind of cage match there. i wouldnt mind teaming up with someone like bt to go there and bring a bagua internal fighting team to train together and support each other. practice some ground work and take downs, but main game is to keep standing.

my problem is i dont have someone to train and practice with here in DC area. i have experience with training with bjj, wrestling, wing chun and jkd people in virginia beach.

i dont have anyone to go with me there and i wont do it alone.

ma
    http://www.polariswushu.net

Are you looking for a Ba Gua team? Can't help you. A fight team? Khun Kao might be able to hook you up.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

i am not...

... a psychedelic gangster, nor one of kesey's pranksters. who is khun kao?
    http://www.polariswushu.net

Get on the bus

Khun Kao teaches Muay Thai I think in D.C. he posts on the kickboxing section of mma.tv Bagua fighting teams sounds pretty cool, I've been wanting to see some bagua fighting, hopefully I can scrape up enough $ to get some of the tapes on BT's site or even better yet fight a bagua guy.

Seeing Bagua successful in MMA would be cool. If you get around to it, get video of the event and I'll host it for you at Bullshido.

Wow. This is an old thread...looks like the embers were still burning! Since this came up...

Merrypranskter said:
    Finally, CD Lee--guard is one of the best defensive options on the ground. Nobody just walks out and pulls guard anymore--and that's what we're talking about when we're saying we "wouldn't go to guard." If I am taken down and can't immediately get back up or find a way to reverse, guard's my best option. And guard is not necessarily the closed legged hug-fest. There is guard and then there is guard, you know?
    You know, I agree with that. But you know what I mean when I say I sat through many boring hug fests. We all did. I like the guard and think it is quite useful in the right situation, even in the street or bar, in the right situation. You know NOTHING works good all the time. It has its place certainly.

So does holding and clinching, but these are illegal in the SPORT of boxing, because it is not a street fight, and that would be incredibly boring. Watching guys in the guard for 30 minutes like Royce and Shamrock is boring. It just is.

In fact, what do the rules of Boxing tell us as observers? Hit people in the nutz to win fights. How funny would boxers look if they all had to guard their jewels for 12 rounds? Also, if you face a boxer in a street fight, HOLD him, clench, and definately head but him in the face while you are holding or kicking him in the nads. But that is not sport anylonger or boxing.

NHB definately has evolved over the years, and has taken on a certian style if you will, that works well under those conditions. I think it is a great sport just like boxing.

Anyways, I still want to see top 10 SUMO guys get in the ring and wreak some havoc. They would not beat everybody all the time, but their fair share some of the time.

I just ff through alot of the hugging

Also, in a "street fight" how would YOU react if someone blatantly hit you in the nuts? If you were still standing, you'd probably return the favor or worse (is anything worse?) Unless you really hate and want to kill someone, there are even rules of conduct for a streetfight, similar to NHB rules. Personally, I don't think I'd feel like a won if I had to resort ot eye gouging.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Jun,

I agree. I think I said this in another post, that I personally would have to be driven by real FEAR, like a cornered animal in genuine fear of my life, before I could bring myself to try and gouge into an eye socket or bite someone in the face, etc.

There are rules on the street I agree, but you better figure out real quick which ones are being used!!!

There's only one rule in the streets: do what it takes to walk (run) away safe and sound... hehehehehhe

honor or feeling of victory are not part of the equation
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.