Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: all bagua tournament

Originally posted by Stai-Nyce
    peace to Count for showing up.
    Where the hell is RAZAK?
    Peace back at ya Stai-Nyce. It was worth the trip! And where was Razak? I wanted to meet him. Did he ever show up?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Nope
    maybe I'll see him this weekend.
    PEACE
    fu2

Congratulations to:

Lincolin, count, Andy, and everybody that came to Maoshan Ba Gua Zhang tournament competition. hope to see you guys next year. I had allot of fun.

Lincolin don't kill anybody with your side palm attacks and front kicks. you are a good Ba Gua fighter, keep practicing hard.

peace out.

Thank you

Black Taoist,

Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry that I did not get to hang around to talk to you guys a little. I had to catch the bus back into Manhattan. Maybe next year I will have the time to get to talk with everyone. Thank you very much for all the hard work that you and Maoshan put into it! Next year if you have the same division rules I will have to start practicing sparring. I will be in the advanced division with your guys.

Peace,
    Lincoln

Originally posted by blacktaoist
    Congratulations to:

Lincolin, count, Andy, and everybody that came to Maoshan Ba Gua Zhang tournament competition. hope to see you guys next year. I had allot of fun.
    peace out.
    Thanks BlackTaoist, I had fun too. I just hope next year you find some time to do a workshop or something. Maybe the throws of Yin Style Baguazhang>
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

count you did good, I feel all you guys did very good. I think alot of you guys just have to work more on endurance (breathing) I know Ben was pushing you guys very hard........LOL not much rest.......but you guys was doing your thing, so I have respest for you guys.

You guys are not just taking Bull$hit. not many people have a strong will to step in a ring and try to use their Ba Gua Zhang, you guys are true Warriors.

This year tournament was a try out, and learning experience for me and maoshan. I Know next year will be better, because next year we will be giving away some money and a Big Ba Gua Zhang sword to the Ba Gua Zhang grandchampion.

Count I'm thinking about doing a workshop next year on A few of the Palm change of CaoZhongSheng method of Yin Ba Gua Zhang and fighting applications.

I'm just happy you guys had fun and nobody got hurt......well not real bad.............LOL

Peace out.

Before I forget, Congratulations to Frank Allen and his students, and many thanks to Frank Allen for all his help with the tournament. He is a true martial art brother.

Frank had one student that was very good, this guy was thowing one of Roosevelt Gainey students easy. he had a good inside K'ou Pu sweeping technique. Big guy, I don't think he was American. No matter he was a good fighter.

Peace out.

By any chance, did any of Li Tai Liang's bagua students show up?

As far as I know, none of his current, regular bagua students in NY have studied for more than a year or so, so I would be surprised if they did.

Also, did any of Park Bok Nam's students show up to compete?

PS Blacktaoist, I know you're mainly promoting bagua, but maybe next year there can be a combined hsing-i/bagua tournament?

Muppet I think a few months ago a poster from emptyFlower Forum was going to do a all Hsing Yi Boxing tournament. I forget the poster name. Maybe the tournament is still on? If it is I know I be there.

But Muppet I was thinking of doing something like that, But only Hsing Yi Boxing. There would only be Hsing Yi forms and fighting,no push hands.

I would think the Hsing Yi fighting would be more fierce, then the BaGuaZhang fighting. I still practice my Hsing Yi Boxing I learn from B.P. Chan and I think Hsing is just one art you can't play around with. All killler mindset."

No body from Park school show up , But i would have like for them to show up, that way we could have killed all this beef and controversy Bull$hit. I think I'm a cool guy when you get to know me. All I care about right know is people seeing BaGuaZhang as a true martial art. maybe next year some of Park's people will show.

As for Li Tai well you are right. Maybe next year.

I hear tony Yang is doing a good Kung fu tournament, They sent me some information by e-mail, I wanted to go, But I have somethings I have to take care of at home. But next year I have to go, because he sent a student to my event.
    Last edited by blacktaoist; 10-04-2002 at 01:56 PM.

Thumbs up

Peace all,

First, I would like to Thank All the participants that came and supported this event .
    In particular I thank BT, Hispanic Palm(Lance) and Frank Allen For the day of the event.
    These Three men worked with me to make this tournament run smoothly from beginning to end, with no break inbetween.
    Both My classmate and student Were with me from the beginning,
    but, i'm talking about the event itself.
    thanks guys.

Compeditors,
    I commend you all for your efforts as well as your sencerity and devotion in the practice and promotion of Ba-Gua. people came from CA,TX, NC and, OH as well as New York. It was fun as well as revealing. Some made New life long friends others had the chance to exchange with each other, some were exposed to other styles for the first time. All in all a good show.

As my brother pointed out, breathing was the point I looked at during the fighting. Endurance training is a must.
    Other than that every body did just fine.

It was a pleasure meeting you all. hopefully I'll see ya'll at next years event, Which will have A GRANDCHAMPION prize of a sword
    (not some cheap $hit) and $$$$.
    But trust me your going to have to work for it.

To all the winners, My best.
    to all supporters, my sincerest gratitude.
    Let's work together to raise the standard of Ba-Gua and not let it do a parawet off into that long goodnight of extinction as a martial art.

Peace
    Maoshan

Hi Ben,

It was great meeting you face to face. Your hard work is to be commended. The first time is always the hardest to pull off and you did a great job. I'm sure it will grow and I plan to be back with the rest of our group next time. In fact, go ahead and engrave that sword "count" right now.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM