Thread: Chronic hand injury, Ouch

Angry Chronic hand injury, Ouch

I've always been curious as to exactly how hard it is to break one of those plastic board things that the TKD ppl seem so fond of so about two months ago I went to an ITF class and had a go. I broke it with each fist but my middle knuckles both swelled up and went purple, so I supose it was a draw bwteent me and the plastic.

Anyway, the right knuckle went down after a week and was quickly back to normal but the left one is still bothering me. It enlarged and although it doesn't hurt it goes purple again everytime I train. Note, I've stopped punching witb it altogether, it just goes purple when I'm warmed up. If I do punch, it bruises badly.

Has anybody got any experience of such testosterone related injuries? I've been using Arnica ointment with some success. What do you recommend for treatment. I've also been massageing it which seemed to help at first but now I'm not sure.

well I have had pain, but not chronic, you should trying using Dit Da Jow before and after each training session. I also don't recommend hitting ur hands against things with that much resistance, such as wood and hard plastic. The best way to train you hands is by heavybag and then sandbag; punching straight, upward 45 degree punches, and hooks,. etc. will not only strengthen your knuckles slowly, but also help your wrists.

Purple!!

Sounds like you've got both Qi and |Blood stagnation in your knuckle. You burst some vesicles with the punched aand caused stagnation there too. Untill it gets cleared it will remain and if you do further injury to it might get worse, with the possibility of causing more long term damage to your fingers and general hand kinesthetic in general.
    See a good Herbalist or Acupunturist.
    Did you apply any Dit Da Dow on it afterwards?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

LOL the rebreakable boards are cool.

My favorite trick is to get a guy to hit an easy one. He will breack it with ease.

Now tell him that he should try 2 together....

Trick is that when you put one board with the breack line horazontal and one vertical makes them totaly impossiable to breack.

Did it to a friend of mine and his middle knuckle went up to the size of a ping pong ball.....

I tried to breack a black rebreakable board the other day and i still cannot hit anything with my middle knuckle.

Then i watched a TKD guy breack it and he only slid it together half way and hung a cloth over it to make it softer!!
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Re: Purple!!

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Sounds like you've got both Qi and |Blood stagnation in your knuckle. You burst some vesicles with the punched aand caused stagnation there too. Untill it gets cleared it will remain and if you do further injury to it might get worse, with the possibility of causing more long term damage to your fingers and general hand kinesthetic in general.
    See a good Herbalist or Acupunturist.
    Did you apply any Dit Da Dow on it afterwards?
    No, I don't have any Dit da Jow but I put some Arnica on it which helped at first but the effectoiveness seems to have dropped off. I've left it alone toally for a few days and I think it's getting better albeit slowly. Now it's only scarlett and not purple and seems less enlarged generally. I guess it's just a question of time at this point, I guess I'll have to not punch for a few months. I shall make a point of not doing that again.

Originally posted by Liokault
    Trick is that when you put one board with the breack line horazontal and one vertical makes them totaly impossiable to breack.

Did it to a friend of mine and his middle knuckle went up to the size of a ping pong ball.....

lol

What would you do to someone you didn't like !

I like to think of such things as mental self defense....

He will think next time someone in the street invites him to hit a semi sloid object!!!
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?