Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mizong Quan

Question Mizong Quan

I was wondering if anybody practices Mizong Quan or has any infomation,video clips etc. on the style.

The only thing i know about it, is what i read in Kung Mag's millenium issue where they profiled the top 100 chinese styles. It's apparently a rare style of longfist and emphasis on quick foot movements. I think the current keeper is 8th generation, Lu Junhai (spelling?)

If anybody can help, it will be much appreciated...
    "Bearing and nurturing,
    Creating but not owning,
    Giving without demanding,
    This is harmony."
    "Tao De Ching" - Lao Tze

Mizong? Ma Jhong ? Michung? Check out www.leeswhiteleopardkungfu.com
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

I practice a Mizong form, but I really don't know much about the style. Just that Mizong and Mizong Lohan are two different(but related) styles. I've read at least 4 different origin stories from two seperate sources, and 3 different origins for what the name "Mizong" means:1.Lost Track 2.Secret Ancestry and 3.A type of monkey :P

Its a very interesting style... def takes alot of understanding of human movement to get what some of the forms mean/translate to.. but i guess that depends on the user. The spirit fit me so I studied it. Deception and formlessness with misleading body movements. Lotta conditioning as your body must be able to do things people can expect you to do. =p Thats My Jhong to me.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Mizong fist.

Yep, Master Lu Jun Hai is the 8th generation Master of Mizong fist.

check out http://www.vtay.com/ukjwcki/
    of if the link fails do a search on LuJunHai.

Master Lu is incredibly skilled, and a nice bloke to boot!

Also there are currently a couple of VCD's available on ebay detailing the first two forms.

cheers
    Colin............................
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

I just picked up the "Yanqingquan" book written by Chen Fengqi and ChenYouliang.

It's neat for me to see what appears to be a strong influence of Muslim Cha Quan alongside characteristic Nei Jia postures.

Mizong Family Tree

Hello boys and girls...

I have a Mizong family tree drawn up by Master Lu Jun Hai (6 generation heir Mizong and 9th generation heir Qing Ping Jian).

It is in chinese, and master Lu says that every style of mizong, mizhong, my jong long horn, blah blah blah etc, should be able to trace their liniege back to someone on the family tree.

Contact me if you want it.

Master lu was featured in a recent kung fu / tai chi magazine article - " The artisits & artistry of Mizong quan" by Hon Lee.
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Mizong Quan

Found this on the calander:

09-19-2004
    MIZONG SEMINAR
    All day seminar covering the Yanqingjia short form from the Mizong system. This unique form emphasizing the development Qi is considered Mizong's "mother" form. It combines techniques from Bagua, Xingyi, Taiji and Shaolin, and helps students learn proper footwork, hand and leg techniques, and good body mechanics needed for more advanced Mizong routines.
    For more information, contact: Jow Ga Shaolin Institute
    Phone: 703-742-7800
    Event Address: 600 Carlisle Drive
    Herndon, VA, 20170 USA
    Online: info@jowgashaolin.com - jowgashaolin.com

Anyone here from this school? If you are, is previous experience required/recomended in this form or is it taught from the begining? Also what branch of Mizong Quan is this? And lastly, how good would this form be for older people, health wise? I know some Mizong Quan(well, only one form actually... ) and I'd really like to devote more time to learning about this wushu style

Smile

BTW, anyone checked out the two new Mizong Quan books being sold on plumpub.com? I bought the first one, and it's pretty nice. Very good and clear photos, and a nice little history section at the begining. No form applications other than the partner set though

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/bk_yanqing.htm

bump

The smeinar has gone and I've no idea if you went....

but it would have been original Mizong quan as the teacher is a disciple of Lu Jun Hai.
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Yanqing Mizong Quan

I'd like to know what are the 20 or so most popular hand and weapon forms of Yanqing Mi Zong Quan. I'm particularly interested in those that were transported to Taiwan from Hebei, and Shandong. Also do any forum members know what Mi Zong forms were combined, or should I write recombined with Yep Yeh Ting's village Lo Han Quan to form Mi Zong Lo Han Quan?

Where did all the Mizong Yi guys go? I've read that this art is very widespread in Northern China and Taiwan, and is one of the most respected arts. Was I wrong?

I have collected some info on Mi Zhong.

I have info of a few routines, Qin Na and anti Qin Na and 2 man drills, sword play, staff etc.

There are similar moves from Luo Han Shou.

If the two combined, I really dunno know much.

I was told before. I never paid attention.

I spent much of my time in Tai Chi and Ba Gua in colleges in the 80'.

Maybe other old timer would know.

Thumbs up

There are over 100 sets of Yan Qing/Mi Zhong Quan.

I have collected 2 books from Chen Feng Qi, born 1905. Cang Zhou Prefecture, He Bei.

He is the fifth direct descendant of Sun Tong.

In 1931, he passed the entrance exam for Nan Jing Kuo Shu institute with flying colors and rated first grade practitioner.

There are 6 routines in the 2 books.

I like the Qin Na and anti Qin Na set.

It is called Zhai Kou Zi or remove the button.