Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mizong Quan

Hebei Cangzhou Yanqingquan

In Hebei there are 3 major variations of Yanqing/mizong quan.
    Cangxian & Cangzhou (County/City), Qinghai and Tianjin.

Ours is from Cang county and thereby can only comment on it.

There are around 30 empty hand sets including the following:

燕青架 Yan Qing Jia Zi
    燕青拳 Yan Qing Quan
    劈砸拳 Pi Za Quan – Chopping Hammer Boxing
    连手拳一路 Lian Shou Quan (1) – Linking Hands Boxing
    连手拳二路 Lian Shou Quan (2) – Linking Hands Boxing
    连手拳三路 Lian Shou Quan (3) – Linking Hands Boxing
    迷踪艺 Mi Zong Yi - Lost Track Skill
    绵掌拳 Mian Zhang Quan -
    迷踪豹拳 Mi Zong Bao Quan – Lost Track Leopard Boxing
    小五虎拳 Xiao Wu Hu Quan – Small 5 Tigers
    大五虎拳 Da Wu Hu Quan – Great 5 Tigers
    小进拳 Xiao Jin Quan – Small Entering
    大进拳 Da Jin Quan – Great Entering
    奔打 Ben Da – Charging Strikes
    迷踪靠 Mi Zong Kau - Lost Track Closing In
    绵正拳 Mian Zheng Quan - Cotton Strikes
    武松拳 Wu Song Quan – Hero Wu Song’s Boxing
    红燕拳 Hong Yan Quan - Red Swallow Boxing
    四门拳 Si Men Quan - 4 Gates Boxing

There are also 14 Combat (Dui Lian) sets.
    Also around 30 or so weapon sets (Inluding 6 sets of Qingping jian(Sword).

Uncle Chen Fengqi is our grandmaster's son.

Kind Regards
    Wu Chan Long

Yanqing Mizong

My master Tony Chen has tuaght me Jingang quan as a Mizong preparation form. He started to teach me Mizong, but he abandoned me about half way through the form because I wasn't getting it.

Here is his video
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up

Yang Qing Jia Zi is used for internal or Nei Gung.

It took me several years to do everything right.

It is one of the old or classical fighting methods.

Last edited by SPJ; 06-06-2005 at 04:30 PM.

Yes Yanjing Jiazi is a very critical set, however some of the routines containing the essence of the style such as lianshou, mizongyi and wuhuquan are also fairly critical.

Post The Mizong Chuan Video Thread

Just in time for Fearless!

I'll start it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCBSYLvnk4

Cool I love these....

forms and this master...everything as far as I see is right on.....(I know this is your sifu master or whatever ..but do not get P*ssed at me)

.....except the continued collapsed back leg and ankle in some of his stances..it goes against human physiology ,proper body mechanics, structural alignment, and can cause major damage to the knee and ankle...

I have no idea why so many traditional practitioners are guilty of this ..... it can really ruin a performance.....

The reason why I believe I have seen it so much is because people are trying too hard to sink the stance and lack the strength and flexability to do it with the ankle hip and shoulder in alignment.

I know many people will say it is part of tradition ...but what part of tradition permits this obvious problem?? and if stances are the root of Kung Fu then how can this be a strong stance and how can any technique being executed from it have any power??

Great forms and performance overall....

This guy impressed me a long time ago and I have learned a great deal from just watching his performances......

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    forms and this master...everything as far as I see is right on.....(I know this is your sifu master or whatever ..but do not get P*ssed at me)

.....except the continued collapsed back leg and ankle in some of his stances..it goes against human physiology ,proper body mechanics, structural alignment, and can cause major damage to the knee and ankle...
    Can you describe what you mean by this in greater detail? Are you saying his back foot is turned too far outward or something? I'm not really sure what you're describing here, but keep in mind that Zhou has been practicing since he was 6. Therefore, his joints are unusually limber and allow him to do things which would seemingly injure most people. For example, when he does a "pian-tui" (outward slanting kick you use to attack the opponent's shin with the bottom of your foot), his foot turns out to the side almost until it is parallel with the floor, heel facing forward and the toes pointing to the side.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

Talking ok.......

Quote Originally Posted by onyomi View Post
    Can you describe what you mean by this in greater detail? Are you saying his back foot is turned too far outward or something? I'm not really sure what you're describing here, but keep in mind that Zhou has been practicing since he was 6. Therefore, his joints are unusually limber and allow him to do things which would seemingly injure most people. For example, when he does a "pian-tui" (outward slanting kick you use to attack the opponent's shin with the bottom of your foot), his foot turns out to the side almost until it is parallel with the floor, heel facing forward and the toes pointing to the side.
    when he is doing his deep cat stance his ankle is rolled inward and his knee looks like it about to buckle toward the centerline, sagital plain, or medially....

his hip, ankle ,and shoulder are not in alignment and this makes the whole structure unstable...

this based on modern understanding of human physiology and body mechanics.

......otherwise this guy blows me away with his skill!!!

I like this video.

Forgive me, but is this the style Jet Li does in Fearless? I thought the previews looked a little like Hsing-i and was getting all excited.

cjurakpt Guest

Mizong-quan is the style Jet Li's character in Fearless, Huo Yuanjia, practiced, but I don't see Jet doing any of it in the movie. What he's doing in that preview looks more like some freestyle Chen Taiji.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

Ah, too bad. Saw the flick and it looked like standard movie-fu complete with wires and rediculous acrobatics. I hope this really is Jet Li's last kungfu movie. With all the squawking about this and that giving kungfu a bad name, I think these movies do the most damage.

Of course I get all crotchety when I waste good money on a bad movie, so what do I know?

Negativity purged. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Ah, too bad. Saw the flick and it looked like standard movie-fu complete with wires and rediculous acrobatics. I hope this really is Jet Li's last kungfu movie. With all the squawking about this and that giving kungfu a bad name, I think these movies do the most damage.

Of course I get all crotchety when I waste good money on a bad movie, so what do I know?

Negativity purged. Carry on.
    I agree with Jack. I am tired of these types of movies. I like the old school ones better. They were a little more tame and used more real martial artists.

I agree Jet Li seems to do the same sh!t in every movie, If we can get away from all the strings and stuff the movie itself had a good message.