Thread: I'm Getting An Operation On My !! And Need Exercises

I'm Getting An Operation On My !! And Need Exercises

Hello.
    I just wanted to ask if anyone knows of LOW impact, if not zero, for me since next week I get my testicles operated on (two vericose veins to be undone).

I have to skip training for three weeks, but know I won't stay still.
    Any breathing exercises? Any exercises that can help "maintain" but not put any pressure at all down there?

cheers.
    You know how Americans are, Kiki. They all love to travel, and then they only want to meet other Americans and talk about how hard it is to get a decent hamburger.
    From Naked Lunch (1991)

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Concentrating on your foot, make the ankle 90° (toes to cieling) pullball of foot towards knee of same leg. Push ball of foot away. Point toes to the left what you can. Pull the ball up. push it back down the same way it came-up. Rotate to the right. Pick-up. Push back the way it came-up. rotate to the left. Pick-up...Do this rotating and pulling -up until you don't care to.

Easy blocks and punching. Do central left and right. Pick an order. Alternate. Perhaps ranmdomize.

Smothe, determined but not forceful~ Ou, Lou, Tsai. Also, center, right, left.

I look to post more.
    Last edited by No_Know; 10-01-2002 at 09:30 AM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries
    With untense hands, rub your ribs oneside then the other. Rub towards middle (crossing slightly--by a hand's length) on inhale. Rub from across middle to crossing middle to down that side, on exhale.

You would pick-up your hands and put them where they startedif you're still breathing--you have two hands rubbing doesn't take long, so (needle-and-thread), it usually requires picking up the hands to repeat a stroke to both the inside on inhale and outside on exhale.

Do the same for your tummy. Starting from the sides. Ending around the sides.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

I your boys are getting operated on then REST UNTIL THE DOC SAY OTHERWISE! 3-4 weeks of no exercise will not kill you. However if you strain the area during the healing process, then it could take longer to heal. Imagine having this pain for 3-4 months! R&R is the way to go for you right now.

BTW I am a yoga instructor who works one on one with injuries everyday.

not sure what to recommend, but i hope your kids heal back with a quickness.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Hey you all, thanks for the replies. In fact, R&R was recommended by a doctor, but I was more into knowing exercises that involve breathing, untense body movements, etc.

I guess I could use the time to focus on breathing and slow visualization exercises that focus on body movement...
    oh...duh...tai chi.

ya think?
    anyone, anyone....
    You know how Americans are, Kiki. They all love to travel, and then they only want to meet other Americans and talk about how hard it is to get a decent hamburger.
    From Naked Lunch (1991)

Blog Entries
    Do the seven move block-then-strike from the early part of the Tiger/Crane form. Both sides. Repeat. The correct breathing should occure.

You're not getting the training from bed for T'ai Chi Ch'uan, theoretically. What you already know can be used in a suitable way to be for what you are looking.

Thumbs up

Ask the doctor before anything else.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

me2!

hey, i had that same operation done! cept mine was only 1 vein....

hey, i trained when i was recovering....DONT DO IT

First off, the little exercise will make you want to do more (trust me)...second, the little exercise will feel ok, but then you'll feel it when your done(in a bad way)

And also, your recovery is lessend very much....if u want to do something, u can do this

Lay down on your back..since ur recovering from surgery, u can be on your bed....no pillows(cept maybe under your knees if nessesary, or a small one under your neck so your throat feels OPEN...OPEN is the key, so energy can flow

Conciously relax all of your muscles(with your mind if you can ) spend a good amount of time on this..say it in your mind (ie. left shoulder, relax) or you can tense your toes, then relax...BREATHE deeply(in your abdomen) and slowly...dont know how? imagine it.....starting at the toes(1 leg at a time)...then ankles/calves/thigh/hips...then other leg, repeat(do the hips again too)...do em all 1 by one...then the abdominal muscles, relax those(your not allowed to use them anyway)...chest, relax, arms, relax.....roll your head side to side(very gently, it'll feel good)...and just relax...you MAY find yourself where you barely feel your body(or not at all)...and you may be immersed in your mind...if you can(prolly not, since u just starting)..let your thoughts go...if they come in, dont get attatched to them, let them pass, and sort of, watch your thoughts like a bystander.....if u fall asleep, hey, u needed it.....otherwise, u'll wake up and feel good.....

This is a Yoga Pose called Shavasana(the Corpse Pose)....Done after the Yoga workout...or before/after if u prefer....you'll feel very very very relaxed when ur done...and they say your body takes major healing in this(from yoga postures)...so maybe it'll increase your recovery?

TAKE IT EASY MAN
    "True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu (SF Alpha3)

"U don't wait -- if u feel it's going 2 go violent ... strike ... strike often ... strike till he drops ... can always apologize later if u were wrong."-Ginger Fist

ps

PS: you only gotta wait 3weeks?!!?!? I had to wait 9weeks, and i STILL wasn't up to it....my nuts still hurt once in a while, if i over train....be careful
    "True victory is giving all of yourself without regret"-Ryu (SF Alpha3)

"U don't wait -- if u feel it's going 2 go violent ... strike ... strike often ... strike till he drops ... can always apologize later if u were wrong."-Ginger Fist