Thread: Food Combinations

Food Combinations

Someone brought up Chinese food combinations on the dizziness thread. Anyone want to tell us what they know about this - are there some simple rules to follow and does it relate to general health or specifically to exercise. Are there any western equivalents - such as dont eat fat with protein or something like that ?

Don't know anything about Chinese food combinations but I can answer the second part of the question.

There isn't a western equivilent. Western nutrition experts generally say that the ammounts of each food group on a dialy basis are important but it doesn't matter when you eat what.

This business about not eating carbs after six o'clock and eating carb with fat etc are not part of western nutrition orthodoxy. The important word here is orthodoxy, it's all still matter of debate.

I have read that you should eat carbs with your protein. Maybe not a bunch of carbs but some. Carbs is what carries to the muscles to induce synthesis.... I think

I also watched a program that said not to eat spinach when you are sick.... it supposedly slows down the healing process.

AOF
    Arhat of Fury

There's so much conjecture on what should be eaten with what and when. There will never be any agreement. Makes it difficult for us, doesn't it? I say - just be sensible with your food combos. Works for me.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

It's called macrobiotics. in theory, it makes digestion easier (at least that's what Royce told me) it's not designed for weight gain/loss, etc., but merely to make digestion easier on the body. If you are really interested in it, do a search on the gracie diet.

WARNING: it's extremely complicated. you may find that you don't think it's worth the effort.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Food Combining Chart

Not that I bother with any of that.

here's what the gracie diet is like:

http://www.graciemiami.com/home/page...graciediet.htm
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter