Thread: Attention: EvolutionFist

Exclamation Attention: EvolutionFist

Found this link on the web - an internal style called E-Chuan.

http://www.mantis-yichuan.com/yichuanabout.html

Is this the same art Chan Sifu teaches? They offer two ways of spelling the name of their art, and one is the same as yours.
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

2. Yi and E...

The style found on the site you linked is called Yi Quan or "Mind Boxing". The style which my teacher, Master Chan, teaches is called E Chuan. While they sound the same the Chinese characters are different. The "Yi" in Yi Quan is the character for Mind, the "E" in E Chuan is the character for Change. It's the same character found in the word I Ching.
    So in short, no, that is not the style that my teacher teaches.

Nope.

There came a point in my master's training when both of his teachers requested he stop addressing them as master -- that he had arrived. However, having learned Ba Gua and HSing-I to the level that he did, plus Master Lui's flying Dragaon Pole, plus other teachers, and his aironatical engineering knowledge, his technique has taken on a life of its own.

His E-Chuan, which will be the last one standing at the end of the day -- this has become my mission -- stands for Easy, Evolution and Energy.

It is easy, in that there is no fancy wasteful movent in the technique or in training. Just practical stuff. Evolution: all good things should evolve to become better. And the internal energy. That last part is unbelievable for most. But at the size and age of my master, it is the only explanation I can think of for his tremendous power. I can't put his arms down or raise them. I have over 30 years and 60lbs advantage on him, and can't clear his arms. It's mind boggling. After about 18 or 19 moths I'm starting to see the light regarding the external aspect of the art, but there is still much to learn. I can claim easy, and that I'm evolving, but not intrenal. After training under my master I have to ask, Who has internal power? I just don't see this anywhere else.

I don't mean to sound pretentious when answering these posts regarding my master, for the glory is all his, I'm just his student. But I don't want to mix my words being politically correct. To hint that he is a slight cut above the rest would be intentionally misleading and untrue. I personally haven't seen anything close. My master is over 60 now, and still handling all his affairs personally. It's amazing and rediculous at the same time. I would like for him to be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his years of dedication. I think what a lot of people forget when dealing with his youthful energy, is that this man is over 60! Over 60 and still kicking a$$. Not kicking a$$ for his age, but kicking a$$. That's why I cherish his knowledge.