Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT/Shooting Spree in Maryland

one of the shootings happened at a shell station half a block from where i train, I go to that station all the time. Now everytime I'm getting gas in that area I look like an idiot cuz I'm weaving around and not standing still like some paranoid tard, its crazy, you start feeling like your in a video game and you don't know when duke nukem is gonna turn the corner and start blastin your a@@. they need to catch this bama(s) and clip him/her/them. When they get whoever done it they shouldn't kill em right away but stick em in the pen for a minute and let some 60 year old ed edd and eddy lookin creep to stick em in a buffalo stance. Then let them run in a fenced hunting area and let the victim's families hunt em down.

Actually, technically it's not likely it's a serial killer, but instead, a mass murderer. From what I understand, there's a distinction when it comes to killers. Mass killers wake up one day and decide to kill a whole bunch of people, and don't stop til they're either knee deep in their entrails from police fire, or on their way to death row.

Serial killers kill periodically over a longer period of time, usually in a ritualistic manner.

The only case for this person being a serial killer would be if this were at the end of his killing career, where he's killed periodically, been able to control the urge less and less, and finally is going out one last time to get caught.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Originally posted by brothernumber9
    one of the shootings happened at a shell station half a block from where i train, I go to that station all the time. Now everytime I'm getting gas in that area I look like an idiot cuz I'm weaving around and not standing still like some paranoid tard, its crazy, you start feeling like your in a video game and you don't know when duke nukem is gonna turn the corner and start blastin your a@@. they need to catch this bama(s) and clip him/her/them. When they get whoever done it they shouldn't kill em right away but stick em in the pen for a minute and let some 60 year old ed edd and eddy lookin creep to stick em in a buffalo stance. Then let them run in a fenced hunting area and let the victim's families hunt em down.
    lol yeah that duke nukem is a riot.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

My professor is an ex FBI profiler...she revealed more than that...
    he's prob. white...
    had past military training OR a marksman enthusiast...
    currently UNEMPLOYED...
    this started cause he must have been turned down from a career position etc...SWAT or SPECIAL FORCEs or something...
    he has a police scanner to monitor police activities...
    at this point he's playing a cat and mouse game...
    if he gets caught oh well...
    has no remorse...
    prob. can interact socially very well unlike the unabomber...
    has a giant ego...
    currently single...
    will prob. call in to report bogus info for FUN...
    will deny totally not having involvement up to the jury trial...
    is methodical...
    prefers target near the various 495...i 95 highway for quick gettaways...
    he's not a MASS MURDER...he's a SERIAL KILLER...he's picking his target randomly...with the exception of the kid...he did it to play with the GOV decision to keep schools open!
    Gentlemen...
    we have a RED DRAGON sick puppy!
    Every time he offs someone...
    He's the first one to watch CNN...FOXNEWS etc...to see his ACHIEVEMENT!
    A

Legend, what's her success rate? Profiling is getting like fortune telling, the hits get counted more than the misses. No offense but she's stating the obvious. Is she giving you any info that sharing would be a bad idea? Have you met up with any good old police detectives yet? John Douglas?

Still a great read about the profiles of terrorists. Which is what this guy is anyway.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-07-2002 at 06:32 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Like she said she doesn't have all the info. in terms of forensic ect...but she came up with a descent profiling that matches up with the current profile on this freak. He's not a terrorist cause he hasn't called in regarding an POLITICAL AGENDA.
    A

Legend, that's a pretty standard profile. Hopefully this will be the perps last night on earth and we'll see how good she did. Profiling is an interesting art, the main problem with it's use is it can create a box around what the police are looking for and the criminal is outside of it. Got to see this happen when a friends brother got murdered.

He may not have a political agenda but he is terrorizing the area.

What's your major? Stay safe Leg.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Rogue administration of justice! LOL...I'm taking a PROFILING class rite now. At one point as you guys know I wanted to be a police officer...but plans change...I should be finished in a 1.5 years. Anywayz...yeah...I'm staying indoors for awhile...LOL. This guy is a nutcase...he's just randomly picking peeps off. Hopefully he makes a mistake somewhere along the line. With the public awareness of this case...he's quite different from the other serial killers( Ted Bundy and others )...he's not trying to be on da DL about his killings. He's enjoying the SPOTLIGHT.
    A

"He's not a terrorist cause he hasn't called in regarding an POLITICAL AGENDA."

I would say that targeting random civilians in the vincinity of the nation's capital is the agenda. The idea of terrorrism is to disrupt the daily activity of the general populace. The notion of getting shot while doing something mundane is a big motivator to change one's daily habits. for example-- "hmm, I think I'll go jogging today, but there's a possibility I'll get shot. What's on Oprah?" If this goes on much longer, the city will literally shut down. This has actually been more effective than the Sept. 11th attack in creating fear in the general public. Plus, the reports of a second person point to some sort of organized plot.

I'm still reluctant to accept the serial killer tag here...

What is the precedent for a serial killer striking from a great distance? From my understanding, part of what does it for a serial killer is how up close and personal it is.

Further, ritual is a big part of serial murder. Where is the ritual here? The only commonality here is the caliber of the rifle.

Serial killers generally stick with a particular population. This guy is across the board.

He's more reminiscent of that guy that shot all those people from the UT Austin building than any serial killer I've ever read about.

I'm not saying he definitely isn't a serial killer, but if he is, then it's going to really expand the criteria for inclusion in that group.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Just because the killers are a sniper team does not mean that they do not have a ritual they perform before killing. I don't understand how one could conclude that there is no ritual from the manner in which the people are killed.

Proximity to one's victim has nothing to do with serial killing, unless that is part of the ritual.
    Monkey vs. Robot

And the guy who shot people from the UT building was a mass murderer, not a serial killer.

The thing that makes a killer a serial killer is not randomness, but the serial nature of it, the ritualistic side.

This is nothing like Red Dragon, or Manhunter, or the book Red Dragon. First off, that's total fiction. Hannibal Lector is not supposed to be an accurate representation of a serial killer, he's like Dracula: a sleek, exotic boogie man.

BTW, no one jumped to lay claim to 9/11, or at least, no one who did it laid claim to it. Does that make 9/11 a serial killing? I don't think so.

It probably is a domestic nutcase, but does it really matter whose bullets they are? People get shot either way.

Serial killers don't just start out killing 6 people at separate scenes in one day, they progress to that kind of loss of self control.

As for the distance thing, there have been serial killers who sniped people, but again, there was ritual to it and time separating the killings.

You can't assume because the attacks are coming frequently that they are not the act of a serial killer. Perhaps the ritual or pattern/series demands the pace be this quick (ie. lunar cycles, apocalyptic visions, etc.)

I don't know if these people are serial killers, spree killers, or terrorists. I can't see how some of the posters have made such firm conclusions with minimal information. There is enough info to do a probable profile, but it is really speculation and not definitive enough to close off portions of the investigation at this time IMHO.
    Monkey vs. Robot

No firm conclusion, just idle speculation. I forgot about "spree killers".

The reason I think that, if it is a serial killer, it's one who's killed quite a bit before, is that serial killers ride the high of their acts, and as they kill more, the high becomes less, so they have to increase the frequency of the killings to achieve the high they originally experienced the first time they killed.

Other than that, it's speculation. However, half of these so-called profilers do nothing but ride old assumptions not based on evidence at hand, the white male thing being prime among them. Since most serial killers are white males, is it really an art to ride a statistic like that? Basically, that's the first thing half of these profilers do, ride statistics, and then they don't contribute much. I'd hate to be a good profiler(aside from the morbidness of the job), because there's so many hacks with degrees out there.

My wife has become a pro at spotting bad profilers on the New Detectives show. She'll be like, "Well let's see, the killer is known to drive an old truck with manure in it, he eats human livers, and mister profiler says that he's gonna be someone who has a hard time relating to people, imagine that !"

Mrs. Elbows is so wise sometimes.

More of the obvious? In the old days didn't they just use a map, some pins with flags on them and some yarn? The good part is the larger the sample with this product the better the accuracy.

DM