Thread: Chen Xiao Wong videos?

Chen Xiao Wong videos?

Hello,

Has anyone watched the two Chang Su Kung videos he has out? The ones sold on Neija.com? Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Jim

Hello Wujidude!

Thank you for your informative responce!

When it comes to the desire to learn about Chang Su Kung I will tell you my interest. I believe a healthy body is a stronger body. The Noi Kung of Leung Jan's Pin Sun Wing Chun is Ging rather than Hay so recently I have decided to start looking into different Hay Kung methods again. Years ago I tried but being young had no patients for them! Although being only 32 I dont feel old but find myself thinking about health a lot lately. So! I have re-started to train my Yi Chuan post postures and recently attended a seminar with Wang Hai Jun to learn/experience a bit of Chen Silk Reeling methods! My thoughts on both:

Yi Chuan is an amazing process. Standing post has always been one of the most powerfull methods to develop yourself. I actually enjoy it a lot as it reminds me of the Yee Jee Kim Yeung Ma process of aligning and rooting just with a different purpose. As your name states (Wuji) you must understand the power of still meditation!

Chan Su Kung was real nice. I really enjoyed the way it centered you and coiled your whole body. For me it had a great loosening effect of the whole body while working on the Hay. Watching the Chen masters I can see a wonderfull soft elastic body generatiing their methods so it has caught my interest!

Note: All who read this please to pick away at all the details I have not written down about both those processes as it is just some brief thoughts!

So, I would like to get a little more insight into the Chan Su Kung methods and pick maybe 3 to do in conjuction with my Yi Chuan practice. The two I learned at Wang Hai Jun's seminar are very good and will stick with them but have a long way to go. Master Chen Zheng Lei is coming to Boston and may teach his seminar out of my school (nothing locked in yet) as the seminar host may relocate there. So (again), I plan on taking some privates with him to go over what I learned and maybe add one more to the arsenal and just do them over and over and over. Keep in mind this will not be blended into my Pin Sun Wing Chun!!! I do not believe in doing that at all!!! Each has its own purpose and he Yi Chuan/Chan Su Kung is for my future health benefits!

Regards,
    Jim

HEy, I bought both those videos , when we went to a seminar with CXW , to tell you the truth its not worth the money , unless you want to be super dedicated to tai chi , much better to spend that money and buy 5 books on chi kung that are truly in depth so you can learn more about it.

The problem with the chan si gung tapes is that they just detail 12 excersises between the two that are really simple ways to rotate the dan tien in different directions (and related chi kung)
    Its not really for a begginner its more when oyu can feel loads of chi and want to open the meridiands that are used in tai ji combat fa jing and generally for emmiting chan si jing
    it is not the physical force which inspires the fear that makes men sick of
    soul so much as that which comes from the eyes, some subtle emanation from the personality as a gas that takes the strength from men's limbs.

Wong sifu,

Thank you for your reply! Getting video footage of the Chen masters doing their Silk Reeling is mainly just to study their body mechanics. Watching movement is very valuable to me as it tells a lot! I have already picked up a fair ammount of info. regarding written knowledge so this would only be something I am looking for to compliment that info.. Appreciate your help!

Regards,
    Jim