Thread: Lion Dancing accident

Lion Dancing accident

Seems like the SF bay Area Martial arts community has had some rather unfortunate events lately. We're hoping thing swill turn around soon, and of course we hope that the Lion Dancers are ok. What a sad episode.

http://www.bayinsider.com/news/commu...tml?1033956027

Our Ad director, Andy Ching, is part of Gee Yung Lion Dance and says that it wasn't their team. Does anyone know which team it was? White Crane? Yau Kung Mun?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

it doesn't say anywhere about them being lion dancers just 'pedestrians'. not that it makes it any less terrible, but wonder why u say martial arts community and lion dancing when it doesn't mention it?

well, it was a 10-10 parade, so it was probably mostly made up of lion dancers, dragons, etc. Also it sounds like Mr. Andy Ching was either there or knew the makeup of the parade (as well as Gene).

Sorry to hear about this. It's tragic. I hope they throw the book at that driver.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

i read somewhere else that it was the lee jet don lion dancing club, and it was the son and daughter of the team's sifu who got ran over.

They had more on the Chinese news last night

I couldn't make out which team they were because they never had a clear shot of their school shirts. It looked so tragic since the driver was obviously intoxicated and belligerent. There were members of the LD club trying to beat him as the cops threw him in the car, while other club members restrained them from making things worse. Horrible imagery. The drum wedged under the front bumper of the limo. Families watching in shock. An emergency team doing an extracation from under the car. Heartbreaking. I hope the best for the victims.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Unhappy

Thats very sad. My prayers go out to the victims.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

"Cabrere was allegedly overheard by officers saying "I hope somebody dies'' or "I hope somebody is dead'' after striking the pedestrians in the 800 block of Stockton Street at 5:05 p.m. Saturday. "

What an inhuman loser. Heck if he tried to kill on of my buddies I'd kick his butt.

The children were okay but the man is in serious condition.

I hope that everything will come out ok.
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 10-08-2002 at 09:54 AM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Makes me sick. People driving like nuts. Everything seems up in the air.
    very sorry this happened.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

Andy said it was the white crane team.

White Crane has been a mainstay of the SF Kungfu scene for years. They had one of the first kungfu stores, might have even preceded the recently departed master Brendan Lai.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Unhappy more info

Here's another link for the story:

http://www.examiner.com/news/default...y=n.limo.1007w

The victim was from Sacramento Yau Kung Moon. He was the son of the Sifu and the guy trying to attack the driver was the father/sifu.

As a side note, it was a good show of community that White Crane and Yau Kung Moon worked together to get the car off the victim.

I have not heard anymore about his condition. Does anyone have information?

hey now hasayfu

We just heard from Master Richard Wan of Yau Kung Mon. It seems Andy's confusion came about since SF YKM had already passed in the parade, so many mistook Sacto YKM for Whtie Crane. Apparently the victim is still in critical condition with severe chest injuries. Our best wishes are with him.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well, I know there are a few students from Sifu Leungs school. I wonder why they're not posting about it......

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Stumblefist,
    They found her. Some of her family that had been in the states (even thought she signed a paper stating she had no family in the states) took her to New York when she was supposed to be "going to the bathroom". She defected!! Last I heard, she's still here, in school, and doing well!!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!