Thread: Kung fu in Sarasota

Kung fu in Sarasota

So, you guys know the drill. I am going to be moving to Sarasota Florida fairly soon, and i would like to know if you know of any schools in the area. I looked in the phone book and found a Rich Mooney school, but my empty force is already good enough. Hung ga and choy li fut would be prefered. If nobody knows of anything in Sarasota, then good schools in St. Petersburg would be appreciated as well. thanks.

i think there's a white crane (or maybe it's mantis...might even be both together) guy on that side of florida...he used to come train shuai chiao with us sometimes...can't remember his name though...
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Molk,

Welcome to Flahridah. Please feel free to visit our school's website, and see if it may be what you are interested in. If not, I will be more than happy to put you in touch with several other teachers from different schools. There is Hung Ga close by, but I have only heard passing reference to Choy Li Fut. There are many schools in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

We teach Lung Ying, traditional Dragon Style kung fu. We meet Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.

www.lungyingjingjung.com

We look forward to hearing from you.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

I was hoping that there would be someone from that school on the forum. I found your site on a web search. Next time i am down there, i will definatly check it out. Do you guys spar alot? That is my only complaint about my current school, you are basically left to find your own sparing time. So, i would like to do much more when i move. I should be joining the hippies at New college either this next semester, or in the fall if i cant get things worked out at home first. Thanks for the replys, and keep em coming

www.leeswhiteleopardkungfu.com

He has a school in Bradenton off Manatee. Sifu Leng is the teacher... pretty cool guy.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Molk,
    Soooooo, you're gonna be an art ***? j/k - Ringling's a very reputable school. Lucas scouts there often.

We do spar. Please do not expect to start with this immediately. Foundation and safety are of primary importance.

Losttrack,
    Leung Tang is an excellent teacher, and runs a very tight school. He has one of the largest and most reputable "professional" martial arts schools in this area.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

I know this is an old thread, but the question I am posing is related.... I am moving to the Sarasota/Bradenton area, and am looking for a good Chen Tai Chi teacher over there.... any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.