Thread: Stomach pains

Stomach pains

Just recently (about two weeks ago), I drastically changed and increased my workout program. I also slightly changed my diet, so that I was eating more meals throughout the day.

Anyway, every morning for the last two weeks I wake up feeling sick with that "I haven't eaten" nausea feeling. Like a severe hunger pain. By the time I wake up completely, the nausea is bad enough that I don't really WANT to eat anything. Eventually I force something into my stomach and the pains go away, which is why I'm not consulting a doctor.

What I'm curious about is if anyone else has noticed something like this happen. Is it just my new level of activity (LOTS more cardio, especially), or could I need to eat MORE?

Anyway... whatever ideas you guys have, feel free to shoot em over...

Thanks!

Give us an idea of what your meal and workout schedule are, that should help us to get an idea of what may be going on.
    I am nothing.

Hmm

Could be Spleen/Stomach Qi deficiency through over/excessivework. The nausea/depletion feeling could be typical Spleen Qi Xu felt in the morning usually accompanied with tiredness espcially of the limbs, and stomach pains could be heat in the stomach causing nausea and upset appetite and not wanting to eat.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

You could also have increased your metabolism--remember you are eating small meals more frequently and working out.

You might simply need to eat more--or down a small, but higher in fat and protein snack before you go to bed--like cheese and crackers or something like that. Emphasis on small.

Bodies are pretty cool, when you listen to em
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

you're pregnant
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Well... update...

This morning I woke up with no pains at all (except typical muscle pain/stiffness from working out). Maybe it is just taking my body a little bit to adjust to the new level of activity I'm at.

Repulsive Monkey: Sounds interesting... what would be done to remedy the situation, were that the case?

We'll see how I feel the next few days... hopefully it was just an adjustment phase.

Re: Stomach pains

Originally posted by Hau Tien
    Just recently (about two weeks ago), I drastically changed and increased my workout program. I also slightly changed my diet, so that I was eating more meals throughout the day.
    What changes did you make to your training program?
    Did you change what you are eating?

Rememember moderation! Don't burn yourself out.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Drink water with the juice of 1/2 lemon first thing in the morning. One, your body needs water,two, the lemon juice balances the acidity in the body, cleanses and detoxifies the liver, and aids in the ridding the body of excess mucos. It is refreshing and revitalizing. (****, I sound like a commercial) okay, but try it .