Thread: selective breaking

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

selective breaking

can anyone really explain it? We have all heard it, and many of us practice iron palm, and can break bricks, some of us multiple bricks (I'm supposin' here) BUT what about selective breaking? -and I'm not talkin about selecting a grahm cracker over concrete.

I think I know what you are talking about

I know of a friend whos Taekwondo teacher(he didnt just do Taekwondo from what I understand) could take 4 bricks, and the 2 one would break and the rest would be fine.

Someone spit knowledge

why ???

No offense guys... but why do you want to break bricks? For my own personal growth, that is the reason I ask?

thanx

i saw a taekwondo guy picking the exact breaks he wanted to break at a contest on tv awhile back
    -“Sometimes a knife is better than a gun and sometimes barehanded is better than a knife,” Grand Master Pan

“In a war, an army fires a cannon ball to destroy the enemy”“Your punch must be like that cannon ball”

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    why do anything? 'cause it's fun. Why do you train? Revenge,fear, or because you honestly enjoy the journey? If you didn't enjoy it, would you have stayed this long?
    That being said,...there is a karate sensie-isshinryu, I believe, in Conn. named Ed Brown, who does selective breaking, I will definately check him out the next time he does a demo. From what I've read, he learned his iron palm from a Chinese Sifu.
    So some of us have seen it, or heard of it. Does anyone know how it is done? Any speculations?

No offense guys... but why do you want to break bricks? For my own personal growth, that is the reason I ask?
    A measure of power and control. It is not an end unto itself. It is a means to and end.

Why punch a heavy bag, or spar?

Smile Ten Tigers

You do this type of breaking knowing what you can do and what are your limitations. There is more to Iron Palm than just breaking a stack of bricks. Examples would be coordination of mind/body, Qi flow etc. Have a good day.
    xiaotiema