Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extreme disrespect

Sheesh. I got my ass kicked just becuase i was doing some moves while my instructor was talking to me. You guys are being way to nice to this guy.
    Be cool, stay in school.

I think they are just being afraid of having a great sifu in their same area.
    I'm sure your sifu have the wisdom to carry this situations.

The senior students should stop people from coming in. Offer them a seat by the door. Too much humility means finding joy in feeling affronted.

That's usually what he does, offer them a seat. I am not the senior student there, but I am there more than anyone else. The offenders have only done this when he is alone. But I will stay on the path of restraint. It's to **** hot to close the doors in Los Angeles! Thanks for the input everyone.

Diu Sao

Funny, I mentioned this unfortunate phenomena a while back in one of my first posts on this board.

BJJ morons (this is not meant to suggest that all practitioners of BJJ are morons) seem to enjoy "sharing their art" in this manner. I offered a story of how one such brain-donor challenged a TKD friend of mine in front of his youngsters class.

I would expect this kind of behavior from Ralek, but for crying out loud, why would you challenge a guy in front of a bunch of kids? Of course in Ralek's case, the kids would knock him over and Axe Kick his ass to death...
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Diu Sao, looking forward to seeing you and all the other Cali Kung Fu'ers at Dragon Fest next month!
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

I don't think it's a BJJ person. I think it's a japanese jujitsu person. He also mentioned that karate guys and people from other styles are also doing this? Jeesh Leweesh. That is over the top. How many different people are doing this to your school? And what are their styles?

It seems like you guys are making yourselves an easy target for bullies. Non-violence is great when your dealing with minor things like when someone accidentally bumps into you. But if someone comes into your school and throws their cigarette on your floor then it's time to fight.
    Be cool, stay in school.

Yes fight, but not physical.

If there's a way to fight this, it's LEGALLY.

By American law, a person does not have the right to barge into a school uninvited and start wrecking the place. That's TRESPASSING.

A simple call to the police, coupled with videotape, would end this instantly.

I suggest that the sifu find good legal counsel and have his rights explained to him by a qualified law professional.

Legally? You don't need people to make laws to know what is right and what is wrong. And you shouldn't rely on other people to take care of your problems in this particular instance. I have respect for people who can fight a retard without having to call the police. But if you feel your not able to handle a situation like this then go ahead and call the police to take care of you.

After all. Martial arts aren't about fighting.
    Be cool, stay in school.

why dont you invite them to a sparring class. Your school is choy lay fut right dont you guys fight full contact? If someone did this at a judo, wrestling or boxing school they would sparr them why not kung fu? Its like some said your teacher is old its your job to protect him.

Some people around here sure are silly.

"You have dishonored my linoleum and the linoleum of my ancestors! Now you must die! HIIIIIIYAAAAAAH!"

Legal remedies exist for a reason. Do you honestly believe that if you do pound the crap out of some schlub who drops a cigarette on your floor he'll have any problem with going to the cops to file an assault and battery charge?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

12. Originally posted by White Minority
    Legally? You don't need people to make laws to know what is right and what is wrong. And you shouldn't rely on other people to take care of your problems in this particular instance. I have respect for people who can fight a retard without having to call the police. But if you feel your not able to handle a situation like this then go ahead and call the police to take care of you. .
    And then you can spend some time in the county jail.

Chang Style -

I disagree. Do you honestly think that any judge/jury would bother prosecuting something like that?

Some ass-monkey comes into someone else's school looking for trouble and he found it. That wouldn't even make the docket on Judge Judy, man!

He wanted a fight, he got one, he got his ass handed to him with a side of curly fries and a chocolate shake, now he wants justice/money? Puhleeze!

14. AT,

This is America, after all. Land of the frivilous lawsuits. It'd be unjustified. Someone walking into a private place of business and being disrespectful(but not threatening) and then getting beaten up would have a very easy time of it in court. Now, if they came in and punched the instructor... that'd be different.

THis people must be fanatic of Karate Kid Film, from a cobra kai mcdojo. :P
    Answering violent could affect legally people from your kwoon, specially your sifu is doesn´t have the U.S. nationality.
    The sparring way could be more rational.