Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Tibetan Kung Fu Styles

Thumbs up

hello tibetan crane . i study tibetan white crane . i'd learn some forms years ago . between them , lau sing kuen ( liu sin chuen ) .
    do you know the form . would be cool search differences and similitudes .

I am a former student in Hop Gar. I'm not any more b/c I moved to Israel and the tibetan martial arts school is too big of a drag.

See ya
    Zvika

Originally posted by HopGar
    I am a former student in Hop Gar. I'm not any more b/c I moved to Israel and the tibetan martial arts school is too big of a drag.

See ya
    Hey HopGar,

What MA systems are in Isreal beside Karv Maga?

Thanks

wm

I actually have no clue to be completely honest, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a shaolin school, as well as several karate schools and TKD. The Tibetan MA school is in Hod HaSharon which is somewhere in the Tel Aviv area. I'm on a short vacation in the US at the moment, but I can do a search when I'm back next month.

See ya
    Zvika

Thanks. I have been wondering what Isreali studied at home. The Krav Maga people in the US advertise themselves as more efficient, more effective, and zero non-sense. Don't need to put up with all these Asian cultural stuffs. Just teach you street effective stuff.

So, I was wondering if Krav Maga is the only thing that's studied there. Based on your assessment, you guys have a menu with multiple selection.

thanks.

wm

Actually, Krav Maga's most basic techniques are with a gun. That's because ALL soldiers learn it. Which means 3/4 of the country knows some Krav Maga. But I'm sure there is a huge selection. I don't know what the PPL in the USA are saying, but it doesn't sound right.
    Zvika

Who can Tell me About Tibetan Kung Fu ?

About there forms high level meditation and history , And the different kinds of Kung Fu styles from Tibet ? Also any good books on Tibetan arts ?

You might find some of what you're looking for here:
    http://lionsroar.name/site_map.htm

I have no personal experience with this material.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

Lama pai,Hop gar ,tibetan white crane kung fu

From what I read all this version came from the lion roar...

Whats the difference between this system ?....Does all lineage are different from the same (I mean does lama pai are different from one lineage to another one hop gar different also)...Does the 8 are the number...

Sifu Lama pai does urs old videos of the lama pai are are disponible...to the public ... Ur video clips in the forum are very great...very skillfull...

Steeve

'How To Be A Russian Oligarch' With Billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov

Get to 8:25 on this Colbert vid.

So, anyone ever heard of Tescao before?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Some people just train for Health !!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
    Man I am going to get flamed but what else is new...

I am sorry Fu Manchu but if you do not practice sparring at all, than you are wasting your time and in a real life confrontation you could end up beat to **** or even worse dead.

When people mention such things as we do not spar because our systems techniques are very deadly or that their static training partners "let" themselves get thrown or attacked in a drill, than all you do is REINFORCE the basic fact that what you call traditional kung fu practice just creates dancers and not fighters.

All pretty moves and no determination...so very common.

Your sifu should teach you about the difference between self perfection and self peservation.

If you guys do not spar or have any "alive" training than your basics must be horrible and I hope that you find a realistic school that cares about its students survival in a world where anything can happen.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Regards

Some People just train for health, and not fighting.