Page 157 of 425 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 6362

Thread: Talk to Got Qi Girls

Well, the last year or so of stuff I read in Cerebus (after he starts getting really fat, and the Woody Allen likealook shows up) I barely even read. Sim/Cerebus' interpretation of the old testament may make for some really interesting thought-provoking stuff, but the muttering-to-oneself-while-free-associating STYLE of the writing was just intolerable. And the godd[i]/i]amn thing is overflowing with this stuff. There must be over 10,000 words of it in each issue. And most of it is along the lines of "um - no. Wait, see..." and I just don't have the time or inclination to see if there's anything worth reading in all of that. I'd rather check out someone who's trying to write well, instead of someone who's trying to write like a transcription machine.

I haven't bothered with the Freud stuff, either.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Actually bacon sammiches are the root of all evil.
    well in all fairness and to heed the scripture, it is "the LOVE of bacon sammiches" that is the root of all evil.

That's why pudding is better.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Just to be topical. Have you girls still got Qi?

And what do you do with your Qi on a regular basis to let it know that it is loved?

Do you give the Qi bacon? or pudding?

I give my Qi pudding...daily.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Serpent
    "It's not what goes into a man's mouth that defiles him, but what comes out."
    Mathew 15:11
    I am nothing.

Originally posted by FatherDog
    And then, venturing away from comics in general, Kurt Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions" is an interesting metafictional narrative... although I haven't seen the movie version, starring Bruce Willis. I suspect it doesn't translate well.
    "Breakfast of Champions" was a bit too sentimental for me. I mean the stuff about Vonnegut as a writer. He really romanticised how he felt about his characters and stuff. He used his appearance to pull at your heart strings.

So, as far as metafiction goes, I found it really disingenuous.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    At The Drive In
    " Arc Arsenal "

I must have read a thousand faces!
    I must have robbed them of their cause!
    Sickened thirst!! sickened thirst!!
    keeps it together!
    soft white glow in the cranium, a bulls eye made sedated

BEWARE!!!
    BE-WARE!!
    BEWARE!!

I must have read a thousand faces!
    and all these voices won't give up!
    sickened thirst!! sickened thirst!!
    glues it together!
    a catatonic leisure at 1000 miles per hour

BEWARE!
    BE-WARE!
    BE-WAAARE!!

so who's in charge here
    barking out loud so clear!!
    because i'd really like to meet him

uproar east - strike west!

have you... ever tasted skin...
    sink your! sink your teeth in it!!!

BEWAAARE!!
    BEWAARE!
    BEWAAARE!!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Originally posted by Serpent
    Love to read your shorts too.

(I'm inclined to mention something about trying to see inside your shorts, but that would be crass.)
    Nah, it'd just be typical serpent
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie

Oh....and you know I love snakes

heh.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Now, he says that he will never return to see what was down that other road.

Why would he point that out? It makes it hard to believe that taking the road he took would make any difference at all. How would he know? He has no idea what was down that other road.

And, was it just me, or did he say that they were actaully worn about the same? One was only slightly less travelled? Kind of takes the punch out of it, doesn't it? Why would he do that?

Didn't Frost have a propensity for taking the p!ss out of people?

Could he be taking the p!ss still, from beyond the grave, out of people who want to believe that being an independant thinker is as simple as doing stuff other people don't do?

Frost was the man!
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Thumbs up

I love that poem.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

eulerfan's poem

Yeah... I didn't understand it, so it must be a good poem . Only... no way is that about sex... I mean, where are the naughty words?! Like one-eyed trouser snake... or anklespanker...

Seriously now... I like it a lot. I can almost hear Margo Timmins singing it...
    (well, I think that's a compliment )
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Re: eulerfan's poem

Originally posted by quiet man
    Seriously now... I like it a lot. I can almost hear Margo Timmins singing it...
    (well, I think that's a compliment )
    that's a dayam big compliment there, tiger. she has a voice that you just want to ... um ... yeah, one of those voices.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

who's she?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Who's she? See here and here. May I recommend "The Trinity Session" or "Pale Sun, Crescent Moon"? And one very special song, "Just Want to See" - if that doesn't make you break down and weep, you should check your pulse

rtb - you speak the truth. Her voice feels like this big, warm fireplace that you want to lay in front of and forget all your pains (I hope my grammar is correct). Carla Torgerson makes me feel like that, too...
    Last edited by quiet man; 01-26-2003 at 11:17 AM.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

NP,

The episode when Homer tells Bart to butter his bacon is the one with Richard Gere, when Lisa becomes a Buddhist.

I have to admit, I don't eat bacon. I think its pretty vile stuff.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Originally posted by eulerfan
    He really romanticised how he felt about his characters and stuff. He used his appearance to pull at your heart strings.

So, as far as metafiction goes, I found it really disingenuous.
    I dunno, isn't it only disingenuous if he doesn't actually feel that way about his characters? If he sincerely feels that way, it's not disingenuous, even if it seems a bit over the top.

I don't really feel comfortable making the assumption, is all.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn