Page 12 of 425 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to Got Qi Girls

First, let me send you here, a lovely essay by Gene Wolfe on what Tolkien means to him.

Second, according to this Amazon page, at least a half hour of new footage with original accompanying score.

Didja notice how much Arwen's sword looks like a willowleaf saber? (uh, that makes this kinda ontopic, right?)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I can't wait for Lord of the rings II to come out.

And to keep on topic. Does KFO have get togethers or some thing that everyone can go to or something?

WE JUST DID

We just had our 10 year anniversery banquet. We raised money to support 2008 wushu team.
    johnny
    "SEMPER FIDELIS" (always faithful) USMC
    I want to go to Iraq again for my next summer vacation!!!

My my, it took me a few HOURS to read this thread. JUst kidding, but it is pretty darn long.

First off... nice ninja pic Margie. Simply stunning.

Ok, Gene... WTF!?!?! INteresting marketing strategy but what the hell is this? You should be showing the store more and the banter less. Links to the store were prevalent in the early part of the thread. They have evaporated. You all should have kept it up.

On to a good note, the e-mail postings are not annoying and that says a lot in this day and age. Keep 'em coming.

I am not in the business of martial arts supply so I dont know what you have to do, I enjoyed the banter of the "Got Qi" girls... hell, thats pretty clever in and of itself(The Got Qi line.) but you might notice more people want to show thier pics to the ladies then buy your stuff.

I am not sure if this WONT get you a lot of sales but chances are the people foaming at the mouth to show the girls thier pics are NOT going to buy things.

All and all though, it has been fun and I must admit if the "Got QI" girls came on here and advertised products on a regular basis, it would most definately help sales, provided the people know where to buy, which you did a pretty good job at. It could be better, so you have a great idea in the works. You need to refine it.

Hey, you dont even have to worry about my post! Arioch rule number one is that most attractive girls that are working in an industry ALREADY have partners and just flirt. It does not even matter that I just said that because you could post tomorrow the same thing and a horde of people will respond. Individuals may be smart... mobs are stupid.

I would like to see more paintings by Chang Style Novice because from what I have seen, he looks good but I can not give a final critique. Art IS my business and I am curious to see his style before his Art School warps his mind. LOL!

BTW, If you have weighted vests... like 20 pound or forty pound or any pound in between, I would love to see it and I would buy it in about two seconds.

On a final note... "Aint I a Stinker?"

Those members of the mob Arioch is talking about can buy chainwhips and other weapons to beat him with at www.martialartsmart.com

Yours truly,
    member of the mob
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Thats what I'm talking about!

Arioch -

"Art is my business"

Meaning what? You a dealer? Agent? Critic? Curator? Professor? Thief? Forger?

(I could use an in - can't everyone?)
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

You are correct, that is way too much.

Alcohol and the internet do not mix very well.

Well, I did like what I saw and am looking forward to when you can post more of your stuff.

Looks like I cleaned this forum up from my bombastic attitude, now to search other areas of the web for my drunken hysterical rantings.

I must say that it was readable at least!
    Last edited by Arioch7; 10-10-2002 at 03:21 PM.

Whoah, chill, Arioch! "Theif" and "Forger" were just wisecracks, and the rest was simple curiousity.

My abstracts are too large of files to put on kfo and look decent - my favorite painting of mine, a diptych I call "Rooting" hasn't been photographed well yet. I've only painted about 50 oils in my entire life, and most of them are crap. I'd say about 15 of them are worth looking at. Before that all I did was some (looking back at them now, with some art education in me) pretty weak pencil drawings.

If you'd like to see more, email me.
    Crippled Avenger

Arioch, occasionaly need a ninja outfit in case you need to make a quick getaway from the fuzz after an art theft gone wrong? Try www.martialartsmart.com !!

arioch & kc

Yes this thread needs more links to www.martialartsmart.com. In fact, this whole forum needs more links since that's what pays the rent. But I can't do it all, so I rely on good members like KC Elbows to pitch in (although direct links like http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/sexyninja.html and http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/weapons.html are more effective - take note KC, you're well on your way to being an honorary got qi? crew member. Once you're in, you'll get a big fat hippy group hug that will make your cheeks reek of patchouli for daze ) I also rely on our sales peeps like Leslie, Johnny, Judy and Margie, but their just getting their feet moist with these got qi? threads. Hopefully, they'll break out soon and spread throughout the forum, carrying with them important messages from our sponsors.

You gotta admit, they all made a nice debut. I mean really, wouldn't you buy some martial arts gear from them? What other forum/supplier offers you such... such... service.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ooooh, a group hug!!!!

Just the chance I need to cop a feel!!

Of course, Gene, on the day of the group hug, I'll expect you to wear one of these wonderful outfits from the sponsors at martialartsmart: http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...jauniform.html

KC is going to be a got Qi girl.

Originally posted by ewallace
    KC is going to be a got Qi girl.
    I second that.
    Johnny
    "SEMPER FIDELIS" (always faithful) USMC
    I want to go to Iraq again for my next summer vacation!!!

You both are just jealous cause you can't get in the Got Qi Girls' changing room.