Keep breathing.
    I can't do this alone.

Sing us a song.
    A song to keep us warm.
    There's such a chill.
    Such a chill.

You can laugh.
    A spineless laugh.
    We hope your rules and wisdom choke you.

And now we are one
    In everlasting peace.

We hope that you choke.
    That you choke.

We hope that you choke.
    That you choke.

We hope that you choke.
    That you choke.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

And the fact that they are surrounded by the whole mop haired moody teenager 'nobody understands me i'm too complcated' kind of angst REALLY TICKLES UP THE WRONG WAY.

It's like " YOU COME FROM A RICH MIDDLE CLASS FAMILY YOU STUPID LITTLE BRAT - YOU GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT AND YOU DO WELL AT SCHOOL SO CHEER UP YOU MISERABLE @£$%!!!!!"

That's how i feel about them anyway.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

If that previous post of mine doesn't encapsulate the feelings of a modern Romeo, what would?

It's poetry baby!

Calm the fu(k down. That kind of angst in very normal for any teenager. You are beginning to realize that you are responsible for giving your life whatever meaning it has. That's a pretty weighty realization. Let the poor things be moody for a while. They'll get over it.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Eulerfan - you just posted your 666th message and didn't summon lucifer or anything!

Okay, "Karma Police" sounds okay - rhythm section's pretty tight, guitarist is engagingly wierd, can't hear the lyrics but that's not neccesarily a problem© I just don't find it very evocative or memorable©

on edit -

Oops© Looks like I didn't push the '6' button hard enough, and those reactions were actually to "Airbag" not "Karma Police"

Now listening to "Karma Police" and I think I liked "Airbag" a lot more, since it had a more exciting sound©
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 12-19-2002 at 10:23 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

www.radiohead.org <- lyrics and more...

Happy holidays everybody.
    I'll be back in 16 days!!

Originally posted by Sharky
    Some good songs, but not enough versitility
    This from a rapper?!

And their songs are meaningful.

Much more meaningful than

Yo motherfukker I'm the lyrical gangsta
    Look at the size of my d!ck and all of my b!tches
    I'm so cool, listen to me rap
    Yeah, me
    Go me
    Yeah big up myself
    And check out all my hoes

etc...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Eulerfan - you just posted your 666th message and didn't summon lucifer or anything!

Okay, "Karma Police" sounds okay - rhythm section's pretty tight, guitarist is engagingly wierd, can't hear the lyrics but that's not neccesarily a problem© I just don't find it very evocative or memorable©

on edit -

Oops© Looks like I didn't push the '6' button hard enough, and those reactions were actually to "Airbag" not "Karma Police"

Now listening to "Karma Police" and I think I liked "Airbad" a lot more, since it had a more exciting sound©
    Roll with it. It will grow on you.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Serpent -

If that's all you hear in rap, you're only listening to the garbage stuff© There's plenty of versatility and meaning in hiphop©
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

btw, I Spit on your Groove: Pet Sounds, Pet Bands, Pet Peeves is absolutely the best music forum on the internet© Anyone interested in serious discussion should go there© My handle there is my real first name: Austin©
    Crippled Avenger

Happy Holidays, Taoboy!

CSN, does this bother you? I get a great deal of joy from their music. You don't. Nobody is going to be able to tell you something that's going to make you like them. I'm just telling you why I do.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

That's sort of it© You and others whose taste I respect a lot are getting a lot from Radiohead and I'm not© I pride myself on my polyglot tastes, and so I make an effort to find the good in stuff© If after a reasonable chance nothing happens, I just chalk it up to strokes and folks© But I have to give it that chance©
    Crippled Avenger

Well, just keep listening. Maybe Serp is right and it will grow on you.

For me, their greatest is Kid A. I liked them before that but wasn't in a big rush to get Kid A. Then I saw them perform from it on SNL. Sunday morning I woke up, had a cup of coffee and went to the music store. The second I heard it, I HAD to have it.

Been a die hard fan ever since. Kid A made me get out OK Computer again and give it a much better listen.

CSN, I know, I know. I actually like quite a lot of hiphop. I'm just ragging on Sharky.

As for Radiohead, if you don't like it, that's no biggie. But I'm just pushing you cos I didn't really like it at first and now I'm hooked (have been for ages). They're just one of those bands.

Dunno why, but this cracked me up this arvo and I'm still chuckling about it:

A loud slap reverberated around the senior citizens ballroom dancing class and an elderly man staggered back, holding his cheek in shock and embarrassment.

"How dare you!" cried his elderly lady dance partner. "What I said was, slow down as I have acute angina!"

Originally posted by eulerfan
    Well, just keep listening. Maybe Serp is right and it will grow on you.

For me, their greatest is Kid A. I liked them before that but wasn't in a big rush to get Kid A. Then I saw them perform from it on SNL. Sunday morning I woke up, had a cup of coffee and went to the music store. The second I heard it, I HAD to have it.

Been a die hard fan ever since. Kid A made me get out OK Computer again and give it a much better listen.
    Funny. I love The Bends and OK Computer and can really live without Kid A.

Horse for courses.

See y'all. I'm out for now.