Page 230 of 425 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 6362

Thread: Talk to Got Qi Girls

Actually, at the recommendation of my therapist, my out of class reading right now is "Man and His Symbols." Like I say, I got no problem with that idea.

You know how much I love the Parable of the Elephant - well, art is an elephant!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Ohhhh, is your therapist doing Jungian analysis? I did a lot of research before I went into therapy and that is what I went with.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

3. Thumbs up

I understand why Freud did not quite join Jung in his ideas.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I think Freud and Jung both had their, "you can't be serious" moments.

You just can't be that much of a pioneer and not be a bit nutty.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

hey yall, havent posted in a while, but have actually been doing a lot o' training... ironically. what did i miss?

anyways this is totally off topic, so i figured it belongs in this thread. --- If any of you are into art (like figure drawings and portraits) check out my brother's Art web site gallery. he's currently away for basic training (air force) , so i'm tryin to keep the traffic flowing to the galleryrichard's art page

i dont know how active i'll b on this forum anymore, as i actually got a job now, but i'll chek in from time to time

Eulerfan***I may have gotten it this far, but it was hard without you here. Trust me!

morbicid **welcome back, nice gallery pix

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    my social projects are reaching no results, shame, time is my enemy - even though its measurement is a collective hallucination - in late June i face the crossroads.

morbicid:
    you sombeatch, i know who you really are!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

lol xebs. i already had this out w/ a moderator , my bro used to post on this forum a lot too - neither he (or myself) will b posting form his name anymo' cuz he's away for training. so u just gotta deal w/ one morbicid now

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    lol i actually didnt know, it was a bluff!!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Hey, I just got back my grade on the paper I posted upthread.

I earned an A, of course, with the comment "very good work." Not bad, considering I threw it together in the three days leading up to the due date.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Congrats...

you should submit the lymric for extra credit

I'll take that under advisement.

I think you already saw that I've talked this prof into letting me write my next paper on small-press and self-published comics of the eighties and up, right? I'll probably concentrate on my faves, Jim Woodring and Chris Ware.
    Crippled Avenger

that's a paper I totally want to check out!!!

I could post it on here, same as the other one.
    Crippled Avenger

Originally posted by eulerfan
    Honestly, I think the best art in the world intends ambiguity. It should be, to a great extent, a sort of blank screen onto which the audience can project whatever they are trying to deal with at that moment.

I love that. I think art should be less the artist communicating with his audience and more the artist providing his audience with a tool to use in communicating with himself.
    Hmmm. Can't entirely agree with that. I know you said it's a personal preference, but I think you're doing the artists a dis-service.

After all, if the artist is trying to convey a certain emotion/condition/whatever through his/her art and you then come along and use it to explore your relationship with your mother, then you're kinda belittling the artist's hard work and creativity, no? After all, it's probably not about you...

It might trigger an emotional response that you could then relate to issues in your current state, but that's surely never the artist's key aim?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching