Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Li Jing Lin, Li Kim Lam, Wudang Sword Master

Hi Ten Tigers, RAF,

well, I'd still argue that it's unusual, but not impossible by any means. Most boxers are trained by pgople who'd they would mop of the floor with. What I meant was that it isn't the traditional Chinese story, and in Chang Tungshen's case, it would be interesting since he also develops his own style of tcc. Anyway, RAF, I've also heard that Li Jinglin was Yang Chien Hou's student, if not defeated by him: i.e., he was his primary tcc teacher. Besides, it isn't really a matter of whether someone beat him, anyway. It's rare to find someone who's gotten good without having gotten beat. And, that's another reason that the "big names" don't have any incentive to "sort it all out." For what, the "Mr Number One" won't be given a moment's peace for the rest of his life. Was it someone here who posted the story about the famous Japanese martial artist who was stabben in the back by a 7yr old? Who said "Now I'm Number One."

Best,
    Esteban

Trough Woo Van Cheuk, Doc Fai Wong knows the wudang sword. But I don't know if he teach it.

I originally read about the Wudang sword in an article written by Doc Fai Wong in the old Wushu/Kung Fu magazine. If I remember correctly, he thought that the Yang taiji sword came through Yang Ban Hou from Song Wei Yi.

Can't seem to find the old article.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Great post, Wujidude!

Its also the same time that Liu Yun Qiao met Chen Fake at a military academy demonstration in Beijing. I assume that Chen Fake played pao chuei and Liu performed liu da kai. They mutually recognized the similarities of both systems and later exchanged material.

Liu told of this exchange in the 1970s, long before Chen's taiji became as popular as it has now become. He wanted it preserved as part of the Wu Tan Development Center because he knew it to be a great art.

Now where was Wu Tunan during this time?
    Last edited by RAF; 10-16-2002 at 03:11 PM.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Stacey Guest
    Doc Fei Wong is a butt boy

Hi Wujidude, RAF,

do you know who the Chen style teacher was at the Central Guoshou Academy in Nanking during those years (1928 to c193)?

Respects,
    Esteban

Esteban:

That's a good question for Jarek.

I'd like to know the answer, too.

And you Stacey are guy who use a woman name, that's call trucho or maricon in this places.
    Don't be a troll guy.

Sorry for the languague to the rest of the participants of this forums( if you undertand spanish)

I wonder how a person (stacey) can loose time writing this kind of **** about anyone.
    Please ignore him, as he has nothing to do with true kung fu way.
    Regards
    horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

Great post wujidude.

The more familiar I become with chen, the more I am drawn to it. I don't think this requires setting aside Yang practice, but it definitely has more martial content than Yang.

I just did a two day workshop with Chen Zhen Lei. I always liked the silk reeling (now I have two more sets to practice), and he taught us the 18 essential form as well. Very cool stuff. I like the way practicing the form allows for you to practice fa li from the get go. Afterall, skills don't just appear, but are the result of continued consistent practice.

Again, great post.
    The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

Thumbs up Thanks a lot

I want to express my most sincere THANKS to all who have helped me to know more data about GrandMaster Li Kim Lam (Li Jing Lin) , Mr Gene Chin, and others. Thanks a lot for introducing me on the Sword forum also!!
    I hope someday I will be able to help others too.
    Xie Xie!
    kindest regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina
    horacio
    Horacio Di Renzo
    Asociacion Kai Men Kung Fu -Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Formal Student of GM Chan Kowk Wai
    http://www.kaimen.com.ar

Hi Wujidude,

this doesn't mention his teaching, but it is from Cheng Zhenglei's site

Chen Zheng Lei, rigorously following the method which was used in ancient times in Chinese families to hand down the Kung Fu and its culture, which the Chen family has managed to maintain wholly in its antique values up to this day, was chosen by his father to be instructed from his grandfather Chen Zhao Pi, in the art of Taijiquan, with its history and philosophy. In these teachings the ancient master was famous, having made a profound study of the theories and history of the method in 1935, when he was in the city of Nanking, as member of the National Association of Martial Arts.

http://www.kungfuwuyinsu.it/TaijiChen/eng/mcheneng.html

Respects,
    Esteban