Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Transporter

The Transporter

Does anybody know if the Cory Yuen that directed the Transporter is the same Corey Yuen that choreographs Jet Li's fights?

Yup

Yes... it's THAT Corey Yuen...

his Hollywood direting debute

Is it me, or did Yuen direct Jason Statham better on that flick than he did with Jet on KOD? Cuz basically it was the same team from KOD that worked on Transporter.

Director?

I don't think Corey Yuen actually DIRECTED the film, didn't he just do the fight coreography? with a French Director?

I understand he directed the whole film in the case of TRANSPORTER...

Sorry bro, i meant to say choreograph. KOD was directed by Luc Besson (i think), and in Transporter i think he was one of the executive producers.

did he or didn't he...?

So did Corey Yuen Direct TRANSPORTER?

AND has anyone seen it?

The review I read on it says it's better than XXX but "didn't make alot of sence"

I like that lead actor though...

For sure a Cory Yuen directed Transporter. Thats why i had asked if it was the same bloke who choreographed Jets fights. I've known that he has wanted to get into movie directing for a while, so thats why i was surprised it was him directing the Transporter.

Overall the movie was quite good. The chase scene in the beginning was well done. The plot was simple enough to give some depth, but not get in the way of the action. Which in my mind is integral for your typical action movie. The fight scene with the oil spill was quite good and was a homage of sorts to some fight scenes in a few old shaw brothers movies (Shaolin Challenges Ninja, etc)

Peace

Cool...

I might have to catch it the next time I sneak into the movies...

Do they leave the camera on for some relatively long takes in the fight scenes? I'm sick of editors going crazy so you can't see what the heck is going on. I want to see BOTH GUYS from HEAD TO TOE doing AN ENTIRE ENGAGED TECHNIQUE!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

see, now that's cool...

There are some long shots within the movie (which is characteristic of HK directing for the most part), but you also have some of your MTV cut to every angle moves. In some of the shots its kinda obvious that its a double being used, so they use the multi angle approach to obfuscate that a bit (mainly for stunts and not fights).

For the most part the movie uses a lot of long shots because Jason Statham pulls off some manic stuff and i think they wanted to show his ability.

Angry

Good Things:
    Shu qi! Like when batting her eyes at Jason when she was tied up in the the car.. it's funny.

This kind of thing really gets me angry......
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

It's true man. So true...
    I am nothing.

Originally posted by illusionfist
    Sorry bro, i meant to say choreograph. KOD was directed by Luc Besson (i think), and in Transporter i think he was one of the executive producers.
    actually, besson didn't direct KotD either. it was some cat named chris nahon.

i was a little irritated by that when i realized. they'd billed it as a 'luc besson film', which generally means "directed by." but in this case, he produced it.

i read an interview with statham in which he said that he and corey yuen had some action scenes worked out for 'the one.' but they didn't make it into the final movie. (odd, since the final movie is so short.) then they got the bright idea to do a movie of their own.

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

transporter 3

ok the only reaso i decided to see this was because it was a free preview screening for the press and others and my friend invited me, cause he wanted a martial artust and filmmakers opinion and in that respect i fill both quota's, ok so i actually liked it way better then the disgusting ripoff that was the second film. this one was a ripoff to but done much much better, and no it didn't ripoff crank like we all thought actually it was more like speed meets crank, a sorta mash up/blend of the two. ok what i liked about it was the non cgi stunts for example they actually drove a car onto a movin train and that was a real ****ing shot it blew me away cause i hadn't see **** like that in a while. the fights were uninspiring same corey yuen fare, i wish they would have a female transporter cause thats when yuen shines like a diamond when he is choreagraphing woman. even the editor and director must have been bored cause they cut the fights to **** and they looked horrible super duper romeo and juliet style under cranking, frantc camera movement, i mean the stuff u get to see looks good, and they fixed the under cranking stuff as it goes on. the villian was perfect robert knepper, i saw this guy in the first season of prison break and he was perfectly vile a true villian in every sense of the word. so all and all i give this movie a 8 for pure entertainment value which is what its suppose to be. its worth watching, but don't expect the world.