Ironfist:

what
    verson
    windows
    and
    ie
    ?

sevenstar and ewallace:

if the rest of you punks would just write for IE, we would have no problems!

**** mac and netscape users, there should be a clinic for such types of people.
    well until M$ developes an IE for us linux users we're stuck with Netscape,Opera or mozilla. But I agree that MAC users do need clinical help
    Hope is the denial of reality.

We sail the seas, of negativity
    to banish kindness from this place
    (Sans scruples, sans humility)
    To behold the fierceness of wolves
    assailing ye saints thoroughly
    (Sans love, sans compassion)
    To behold the wails of thine in affright
    whilst evil preyeth upon thy hearts
    (Sans warmth, sans pity)
    To behold a world, darkly astir
    rising in madness and mystery
    (sans light, sans life)

But I agree that MAC users do need clinical help
    Hey, graphic designers have feelings too you know.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

i think it's much better option if u know coding and code it by urself... diplomatic talks
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

Ironfist:
    I have had the same problem with IE version 6.0 running on XP and this is how I fixed it. The problem started to occur shortly after installing Imesh. Imesh installs abunch of extra little programs like gator, some addons to your browser and application advertisments to your PC. Look through your add remove programs and remove any of these programs.

Originally posted by IronFist

Yes. It always becomes the active window itself no matter what the current active window is... Microsoft Word, Snood, Minesweeper, anything.

I hope you know the answer now.

Wooha, yes, it happens with all webpages, even ones without javascript.

IronFist
    No it doesn't..Not on my computer. Running windows 2000 and IE 6.0

Re: One more computer question. please help

Originally posted by IronFist
    This drives me nuts even worse than my computer freezing.

Ok, I use I.E. I have looked through all the option tabs 100 times and I can't find the option to disable this, but it only happens on MY computer and not anyone elses so I KNOW there has to be an option somewhere.

Ok, whenver a page loads something new, that IE window becomes the active window. So, say I'm typing this post now, but in another window I'm loading another page (hotmail or something), when the hotmail page loads a little bit, it will pop up in front of this one that I'm currently typing in. Then I have to click back to this one. Then when it finishes loading it will become the active window again and I have to click back to this one AGAIN. This sometimes happens every 5 seconds as I usually have a few IE browsers open at once.

PLEASE tell me how to fix this. There has to be a "become active window upon refresh" or something option I can uncheck somewhere.

Please. I'm about to smash my fucking computer in.

IronFist
    The only thing I could suggest is upgrade your windows security updates, service packs...etc. and upgrade your IE version as well.

Jamesbond_007 is on the right track.

Something is causing IE to take application focus priority over every other application. I am looking to see if there is some kind of registry setting that can be changed if it isn't another program that's doing it.

I'll let you know if and when I find anything out.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

When you do I would appreciate it. I almost killed my computer last night after it froze 3 times, and that IE window that just popped up 5 seconds ago when I was typing this isn't helping anything. Good thing I've become fast at hitting alt+tab when the IE window pops up so I can get back to this one almost instantly.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.