Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouth Boxing - Is this you?

Mouth Boxing - Is this you?

Guy watching the mat at BJJ school: Hey man, how you doing?

Shaolin Student: Good.

BJJ Guy: What brings you in?

SS: I'm getting my car fixed around the corner, and I wanted to see what you had here.

BJJ: We have a really good school, lots of good people, and excellent instructors. We're open 11am-10pm M-F and 11-2 Sat and Sunday.Have you done any jiu-jitsu?

SS: No I study shaolin(or White Crane or Suk bak Do, etc).

BJJ: Oh?....Cool, do you want to set up an intro lesson to see what we have going on?

SS: No, I'm happy with what I am doing.

BJJ: Come on, you came in for a reason. Your curious to see if BJJ is really as effective as the hype. I've got a few minutes if you want to check it out...run through the basic positions and then roll for ten minutes. Totally friendly.

SS: I don't think you could stand up with me, and I really don't want to hurt you.

BJJ: Hmmm. Don't worry. If I am taking a lot of damage, I'll signal you to stop, and usually we start on the ground to prevent injury anyway, but if you want to start standing with strikes we can. That is the way jiu-jitsu works; you test your partner without actully doing serious damage. Judo players call it randori. We'll just go for a few minutes, but first sign this release and watch our safety video.

SS: I don't think my instructor would approve.

BJJ: Really? Why not?

SS: I've got to go.

BJJ: Take it easy.

Why do most practicing martial artists posture hard, but split when asked to play?
    Last edited by Boulder Student; 10-15-2002 at 03:09 PM.
    One must toughen up without losing one's tenderness.

Maybe the schools in Colorado suck? Except for BJJ of course. We have all been brainwashed into knowing that nothing else can beat it or has anything to offer except Japanese pro-wrestling. What's the name of that guy who has beaten 4 or 5 Gracies? Oh, yeah, Kaz Sakuraba. What a silly guy! When will he learn that BJJ is unbeatable?
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Yeah, that's me. I'm such a tool.

Good point though, always test your stuff when given a good (friendly) opportunity. Knowing where you really stand is far more important than protecting your ego.

Silumkid

Don't be a tool. I was simply asking a question. Obviously, your short answer is "yes, that's me."

Hmmm....you make the sweeping generalization about "other martial artists" and I'm the tool? Wow. I never thought of it that way...maybe because that makes as much sense as pre-heating your microwave.

Hey, if you contact the Parade of Hope, they might start a fund to buy you a sense of humor. Or maybe your little feelings were hurt because BJJ isn't the "ultimate" junk that the marketing machine tries to make you believe.

Nice try at trying to make me all defensive too. Hey, maybe if you say something worth the effort next time besides some trite attempt at superiority, I'll consider blessing you with a reply.

Smootchie bootchies!

Silumkid

Excellent word choice, and I really admire you sentence structure, but reading comprehension needs work. I didn't say all, just most.
    Last edited by Boulder Student; 10-15-2002 at 03:14 PM.

Originally posted by Silumkid
    Nice try at trying to make me all defensive too. Hey, maybe if you say something worth the effort next time besides some trite attempt at superiority, I'll consider blessing you with a reply.

Smootchie bootchies!
    You GOTTA love this family. I mean, come on, how many other families do you know what have THIS MUCH smartassedness going around it!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

xie li wong Guest
    Boulder Student,
    Nobody cares. Do you do BJJ?? Or are you really a SHAOLIN DO student in disguise??

xie li wong

I do tai chi and bjj. Tai chi for three years; bjj for two. What is Shaolin Do? Chinese/Japanese hybrid? Why don't you care? Apathy?

Well, since you asked...

...and I'm generally a helpful, diplomatic type:

Re: sentence structure, it is generally accepted that a quotation should be preceded by a comma when it is part of another sentence and also capitalized as in the case of - Obviously, your short answer is, "Yes, that's me".

Also, "you" in "you sentence structure" should really be a possesive, as well as having a possesive in front of "reading comprehension".

While it is true that you said 'most martial artists' in direct quotation, there is such a thing as inference when you do not bother to clarify yourself. Saying 'most' in the context of your missive infers that BJJ schools are the only schools that "roll".

You're welcome. I'm here to help.

Silumkid

Thanks for helping me out with my grammar. I didn't know I was dealing with a grammarian. Scary stuff.

Always happy to help!

xie li wong Guest

lol

www.shao-lin.com this will help educate you!!

Exactly what I talking about

I guarantee you these guys would never test themselves. But what about you?

Royce would choke this thread!

I'm telling ya!

Ok, now. Mouth boxing can be found everywhere.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"