Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Fighting style for law enforcement?

My first week in Florida I got pulled over for an expired tag by this rookie cop. Really enthusiastic guy, first week out on patrol by himself. "Did you know your tag expired on January 1st?" was the first thing he asked me. I explained to him that in the Georgia tag system (at that time) tags did expire at the first of the year but that there was a 5-month renewal period, and that you could not renew your tag until your "number" came up. In my case, March (still a month away).

The cop shows me the back of my registration and says, "Yeah, but it says it expires, right here! I saw it this morning when I pulled over somebody else from Georgia."

I went, "Yeah, but did you see the paragraph under it? The one that explains the renewal procedure?" His eyes just glazed over and he said, "That doesn't matter. I've pulled over like, 40 people today and they're ALL expired! Isn't that something!"

Took the ticket to court and the judge threw it out. He said I was probably the hundredth Georgia driver he'd seen that week.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

ewallace, OK, you've tried a Krispy Kreme, and that's all that matters. My boyfriend doesn't like them either (he calls them Krispy Kritters). To each his own, I guess.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

ttt 4 2021

Bucks County Law Enforcement Officials Studying Martial Arts As Non-Lethal Use Of Force To Protect Communities
    By CBS3 Staff
    February 22, 2021 at 12:26 pm

BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. (CBS) Law enforcement officials in Bucks County are studying martial arts as a non-lethal use of force while protecting their communities. Eyewitness News was at MPR Endurance Mixed Martial Arts Studio in Lancaster Monday, where officers viewed a demonstration of techniques to use when dealing with situations when force is needed.

The event was organized by Philadelphia City Councilman David Oh, who is a martial arts instructor.

Last post here 2002. Thread necromancy FTW.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart