Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playing Hitman 2 for xbox...feel like a new Jersey sniper

Stacey Guest

Playing Hitman 2 for xbox...feel like a new Jersey sniper

This is really fun. I mean its bad that people are randomly getting sniped by this ninja, but just playing the videogame I can see how he/she might really enjoy this.

Defenitly tapping into the id here. Wow...I feel like I want to go sniping people only with a tranquilizer dart instead.

Now that would be cool. Tanqualize and tag celebrities to count them so they don't get past carying capacity.

I really feel that some kinds of "entertainment" are really in bad taste....

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I played Hitman 1 on the PC, it was great fun
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I just want you to know Stacey I think you are a fucking Goddamn idiot.
    I have a signature.

Stacey Guest
    you should come see the SITES of New Jersey

No, I shouldn't.
    I have a signature.

there's a difference between enjoying acts in a videogame and committing them in real life.

some kinds of entertainment are in bad taste? anything that glorifies killing maybe? there goes half of everything on tv and in the cinema, they all do that to some extent.

oh yeah, and i'm biased because i'm waiting eagerly for hitman 2 to come out in Australia. stupid forgotten continent.

all over a game.......

Calling people names because they enjoy a game? Geeze...why not just throw everyone that enjoys playing paint-ball or videogames,....even martial arts, in jail too. Hey,..why not incorporate book burnings, elliminate all internet access, enforce a 1 car,1 child rule & paint everyone that doesn't make 100k plus per year purple? LOL! (Sighs)
    (saw the commercial....looks like a cool game!)
    (The celeb thing sounds cool too, as long as the actors would be into it. What was the RPG game that was released? Paranoia or something like that a few years ago?)
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Why is it that you are having trouble with older women again Stacey?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

there's a difference between enjoying acts in a videogame and committing them in real life.

Not really that much of a difference actually. Obviously it's not the same, but if someone really finds enjoyment and entertainment from certain things, you'd ask yourself just why they do enjoy it. There's a difference in letting off steam at a shoot em up video game (or killing zombies of what have you) and enjoying the "fun" of carjacking someone (without moral consequences) or stalking and killing someone who is of no threat to you.... the difference is in the mindset and motivation of the game.
    If there was a game whose goal was to sneak up and rape women would that also "not be in bad taste" because it's simply entertainment?

You can learn a lot about someone's values and mindset by the kind of things that entertains them. That's just simple facts proven over and over again by psychiatrists, psychologists, and sociologists.

I'm not saying anything about book burning nonsense, free speech, or any other straw man arguments.

I'm simply saying that if someone gets entertained by "hurting innocent people" and performing "criminal acts" in a video game, or watching them on TV .......... well the reason they don't "do it in real life" is possibly because they know they'd pay for it. Give them the opportunity to do such things without any repraccussions and some of these people would surprise you.

To say that someone can enjoy the sight of unjustified killing, stealing, hurting innocent people, in the entertainment venue, but then be disgusted when it happens in real life is a rather weak (and sometimes even foolish) assumption.

Ryu
    Last edited by Ryu; 10-17-2002 at 08:31 AM.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Forget all those graphic killin' games....

What's fun is Pac-man or the Super-Charged Mrs. Pac-man.

Of course, the National Association of Peed-Off People Against the Cruelty of Inky,Blinky & Clyde don't like me very well....
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Guess we'll just have t agree to disagree Ryu,...I say this because I enjoy playing Grand theft Auto. I take out civillians, cops, gangsters civil-servants, steal cars, blow up targets & other very bad things...all for points. I would never dream of doing these things in real life.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Whenever I see Blue Ghosts on the street my tummy start to rumble...
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

14. I also like Grand Theft Auto... in fact I think it's one of the best and most entertaining game series there is. I guess I'm just a bad person and the only thing that prevents me from repeating these acts is the legal consequences and not my moral beliefs and my ability to separate a game from reality.

I like jumping on mushrooms & smacking stuff on the head with mallots.