Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing Hitman 2 for xbox...feel like a new Jersey sniper

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    The only thing NBK ever made me think was "Wow, Oliver Stone can't direct a movie for sh!t."

yours truly,
    Chang Style Film Snob.
    LOL! I liked the Directors cut the best!
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    too much blah blah blah, i loved to play Carmagedon, GTA and Hitman. I also played with water guns and other variants when i was a kid.
    Anyone that got a problem with it can go **** themselves.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but...

It's funny how defensive everyone gets. If you want to make a point, go study the issues, find out facts, sort through psychology studies, and spend time in both communication and philosophy areas of study.

Telling people to go **** themselves is hardly driving your point about being a "nice guy" home.....

I better quit posting on this....

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Beitanglang -

Don't get me started on "U-Turn" man...
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Ryu, i am only giving you facts:

I played all of the violent games you can think of, and i liked most of them.
    I've never shot anyone, dont feel like it, never touched a real gun, hell -> i havent even ever been on a real fight in my whole life.
    I have friends that play this same video games, and here is the great "surprise" you are looking for: NONE OF THEM IS OR HAVE EVER BEEN A CRIMINAL.
    Cool, huh?

What? Why am I posting this here now?
    I should be pimping my whor.es, selling my crack, stealing some cars, shooting some people right now... all becouse the "video game made me do it"
    Last edited by Xebsball; 10-17-2002 at 02:22 PM.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Xeb, did you read anything of what I wrote on this thread??

I must have said a hundred times that I was not advocating the "video game made me do it" garbage. In fact I actually DISAGREE with that statement in a lot of ways. I think people are responsible for their own actions. I have always said that.

Go back and re-read. I do not think "entertainment" makes people do what they don't want to do. Give me a break.
    My argument was in the "morality of being entertained by certain concepts" and not that those concepts make you do the physical actions themselves.

I do not think violence in media and video games MAKES people do bad things in real life.

Please don't make me repeat myself again.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

7. So you find certain movies and games to be offensive and you can't understand why someone else could be entertained by it? Fair enough. I also have trouble understanding why many people do or like things I don't understand. But I don't think those differences are really telling of their personality. I don't think that blanket statements and generalizations can be made about people who are entertained by the forms of entertainment you personally find objectionable.

You don't like it. You don't understand why other people like it. You have moral issues with it, but honestly can't make any generalizations of the person based on that.

This isn't a philosophical, psychiatric or socialogical question... it's just a difference of opinion.

Hope that made sense.

8. Oh, and if you're wondering why some people might get defensive... Although I'm sure it's unintentional, you're implying that people that enjoy these type of movies might have some moral ambiguity. It's almost offensive.

It does make sense, and for the most part it may very well be opinion. However, I think you can philosophically and socially prove certain "opinions" more valid then others.

It simply begs the question..... For example. Let's say there is a "video" made where people are randomly kidnapped off the street. The "kidnapping" is a prank, but the people involved do not know, and are truly frightened, etc. Is it moral to be entertained by that?

Likewise, if a film is made where people are victimized in a very frightening way, and the "anti-hero" is supposed to be darkly humorous ........ even though the people are simply "acting" is it moral to be entertained by that concept?

I think not. And philosophically I have delved into the possibility that my "opinion" may be able to be "proved" in certain ways.
    That's very hard to do,
    and of course it's walking a very fine line as well.......

but the question, at least to me, is still out there.

P.s. I do apologize for coming across as putting people down.... this is why I should probably let this thread die out.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

You have moral issues with it, but honestly can't make any generalizations of the person based on that.

I do agree with this by the way. And I am sorry if I did so, or came across that way. I cannot make overgeneralizations on people period since human psyche is so complex anyway.

Oh well, kay sara sara

I'll let the thread die.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

Stacey Guest
    Ryu, I love ya, but your obsessed with morality and codes.

Comedy and chaos are equally important to keep us from getting attatched to our illusions. However, you do seem authentic and a proponent of clean living, which benefits us all.

Playing these games does raise stress and have a negative effect. I rented the game for 5 days, but sent it back sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger
    What's fun is Pac-man or the Super-Charged Mrs. Pac-man.

Of course, the National Association of Peed-Off People Against the Cruelty of Inky,Blinky & Clyde don't like me very well....

Screw those games, HM 2 was pretty good, but you need to check out HM Contracts, that is the best game EVER, # 2 would be Deus Ex.