Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hakka Arts

Buby Guest

Great topic guys. Keep up the good work!!!!

If Chuk Fat Wan was a doist disciple why is he shown in pictures with a buddist robe?

Thanks in advance.

buby

Buby Guest

Food for thought!!!

I found this looking through one of Eddie Chong's student's websites. I'll be pasting bits and pieces of it along with the web address if anyone is interested in reading their whole site.

What I'm about to attach is what I guess would be considered part/whole of Eddie Chong's lineage. I don't think they claim CLC's lineage, it's difficult for me to tell cause I stink when it comes to matching chinese names.

Anyway guys I hope you enjoy the reading!!!

"The system was passed on to Monk Kwong-Wei, Jui-Yuen, and Monk Fah-Yuen. Then later to the Great Master Cheung Lai-Chun and Liu Chou-Leung, etc., until now.

This style of White Eyebrow taught decends from the Buddhist Sect.

Sifu Dr. Ko and his son, Sifu Michael Coconis, are both students of Yin-Cheung "Eddie" Chong. Sigung Chong's sifu is Lee, Yong Kien, and is located in Foshan City (formally Fatshan), Guangdong Province, Peoples Republic of (Mainland) China. Sigung Lee's sifu is the legendary Lau,
    Siu Leung of Canton. Mr. Lee is a closed-door student of Mr. Lau and Mr. Chong is a closed-door student of Mr. Lee. The traces of Mr. Lau go back to Fung Fou Dao Yan(Wind Fire Daoist), whose birthname is not known at this time."

This style of White Eyebrow taught decends from the
    Buddhist Sect.

Sifu Dr. Ko and his son, Sifu Michael Coconis, are both
    students of Yin-Cheung "Eddie" Chong. Sigung Chong's sifu
    is Lee, Yong Kien, and is located in Foshan City (formally Fatshan), Guangdong
    Province, Peoples Republic of (Mainland) China. Sigung Lee's sifu is the legendary Lau,
    Siu Leung of Canton. Mr. Lee is a closed-door student of Mr. Lau and Mr. Chong is a
    closed-door student of Mr. Lee. The traces of Mr. Lau go back to Fung Fou Dao Yan
    (Wind Fire Daoist), whose birthname is not known at this time."

http://www.komudokwan.com/bakmei.html

Is this a different lineage?

Can some of the names of the past masters be cross referenced to the masters that CLC learned from?

Thanks in advance,

Bub

tnwingtsun Guest

Buby

see my e-mail

honorisc Guest

A book about Cheung besides Pak Mei...

Southern Shao-lin: Phoenix-Eye Fist by Dreager and Cheung, years ago.

Very some such,perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

ngokfei Guest

3 tigers of the eastern river valley

Just came across a blurb regarding Lam Yiu Gwai, Cheung Lau Chuen and Li Sui. I found it in
    Secrets of Kung Fu vol3no.4 from 1979.

The Three Tigers of the Eastern River Valley
    by Michael Luk

These are 3 famous exponents of the Eastern River Vally (also known as the Pearl River Delta) of Kwangtung Province. They are Grand Master Lin Yao Kui of the Dragon Form Mo Chiao Style, Grandmaster Chang Li Chuan of the White Brow Style and Grandmaster Liu Cheng Chu of the Southern Praying Mantis Style. Lin Yao Kue, son of Lin Ching Yuan, learned the kung fu of the Mo Chiao Style from Monk Ta Yu. Chang Li Chuan followed Lin Hsia and was later taught the pugilistic skill of the White Brow Style by Monk Chu Fa Yun. Liu Chen Chu (Alias Liu Shui) is the first person to teach the Southern Praying Mantis Style in Hong Kong. His teacher was Wang Fu Kao.

thats all of it. Again Mandarin Names I think. :confused:

eric Hargrove
    ngokfei@juno.com

Kevin Barkman Guest

Howdy

Hi Mr. Hargorve,

Thanks for posting that bit. Does the article say anything else?

Unfortunate transliteration attempt - but better than not trying at all, eh?

Are these magazines still available for purchase?

Cheers - kevin

reneritchie Guest

Hakka boxing

Anyone have any good info on Hakka boxing? IE, what systems they practiced initially in the central plains, what they might have picked up during their various migrations South, and what systems are currently practiced among the Hakka?

Rgds,

RR

L D S Guest

Hakka Kuen

Hakka Boxing or Hakka Kuen is a general term for all Hakka Styles. There are different schools like Niu, Tiao, Chu, Liu, etc.
    Dragon Style, Chu Jia Tang Lang and Bak Mei are also regarded Hakka Styles. They are practised among the Hakka population of Meixian, Xingning and Huiyang area.

Ling

FIRE HAWK Guest

What are the names of all the Hakka styles you herd of and Tell a little bit about the style like

What are the Hakka styles you have herd of and tell a little bit about the style and its forms history ? Ect..

David Guest
    Hi Firehawk,

I don't know if you're aware of this ut you've been going on this research for years.

How about you make a website out of it and invite us to contribute there?

Regards,
    David

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
    -- Hong Kong Phooey

David Guest

hello?

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
    -- Hong Kong Phooey

What other Kind of hakka styles are there besides Southern Mantis

What other hakka styles are there besides Southern Mantis and what are the names of there forms ? How do these Hakka styles differ from each other ?

There are no such things as Hakka styles

In China Kung Fu People don't call their styles as Hakka or Cantonese or Chiu Chow or Kowloon styles, these styles of Kung Fu should be called Nam Keun or Southern Fists.

OK

Ok then what other kinds of Hakka Nam kuen or Hakka Southern Fists are there ?

firehawk

hakka southern eagle is in hongkong!!

so if a hakka person did northern mantis is that concidered hakka northern mantis? why i ask is because bak mei is still bak mei even if a hakka, cantonese, or english learnt it! no what im saying?