Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hakka Arts

sui-fuw

"hi guys why the attacks,on hakka?its quite cheap wouldn't you say? "
    * Please dont misunderstand, they are just silly jokes, ill have a shot at anyone given half a chance. I have the upmost respect for the Hakka people and would not dream of seriously speaking ill of them.

"as opposed to "ging"well jon you simply don't know your efficientcy?"
    * All i know is my instructor is always harping on me to improve my 'ging'. I know its there [he says so to] but im often not focussed and my intent doesnt always match my movement. Besides were you really expecting me to say i had lots? Im not worried about it, just need more training.

"to be taught by a hakka si-fu would be more than a honour to your son?"
    *Certainly it would be an honour, though to be honest i could give much less of a care for the ethnic background of my instructor. He could be a dwarf eskimo, as long as he knows his stuff he is worth his while.
    Again sui-fuw i have nothing against the Hakka i was just poking fun at the stereotype they have picked up on this board.

Hope your well
    Jon
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Surnames

Are there any surnames in particular that are "usually" from Hakka origins, or have the names all been blended into the general Chinese culture?

S Teebas

To answer your question (and I may be wrong, I am not a student of Chinese history) the Hakka were the Ming survivors who fled south after the Qing ousted them.

Continue the flaming.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Re: Surnames

Originally posted by Yum Cha
    Are there any surnames in particular that are "usually" from Hakka origins, or have the names all been blended into the general Chinese culture?
    Lay, Li and Lim.

Siu Lum Sim Si!!

Gei sat ngo geh san bio tong gau ge, soi yin ng tong bat guo tou hai yat yong, sum yi, ying yi, tung gong, tou hai yat yong

Ngo geh san gung yao si hou mong bat guo yao si tou yao dit si gan siong mong hai KFO gong fai wah!!

Pao Kuen,

Nei Cong dac Aam ah, dou hai yat yeung.
    Kei Sat KFO go yan che chung yi cong fai wah, koei dei ng chung zhan wah....
    Soi Yin nei go gong zho hai mong nei dou ying goi lin Gong.
    Hei mong nei go san nin fai lok.

till soon

How do the pricipals and Concepts compare to each other in these Hakka Arts

How does the principals and concepts in Pak Mei,Lung Ying,Southern Mantis,Yau Kung Mun compare to each other ?

How does these Hakka Arts Forms and Techniques compare to each other

How does Pak Mei, Lung Ying,Southern mantis ,Yau Kung Mun, forms and techniques compare to each other ? are they similar i mean are the forms and techniques like there stances footwork handwork very close to each other ?

The Hakka Arts

Hi. I am just wondering which are hakka arts

i know the following are hakka arts:

nan tong long (chow/chu, jook lum, dit ar, ?)
    pak mei
    lung xing
    hakka kune
    shaolin chu ka kune
    ?yau kun men

is wing chun a hakka art??

any hakka arts others? and maybe a summery of them

Thanks

BearBear
    Last edited by BearBear; 10-18-2002 at 06:40 PM.

All of them are but i dont know if Wing Chun is i dont think it is there is also Hakka Unicorn style .

thanks.. can u give me a summery of the hakka unicorn style? characteristics, training methods, principles, technqiues..

i know there is hakka unicorn dance ..... do u mean that??

bearbear

I dont mean the Hakka Unicorn Dance but the actual Hakka Unicorn fighting style it uses the Short Eagle Claw the Two Sword Fingers the Phoenix Eye Fist the palms elbows Ridge Hand knees elbows and uses whipping Ging and has some short forms and things like that . The Hakka Unicorn style is a rare Chinese Art and not many people have seen it it is taught in Hawaii and China and is kept secret mainly only Hakka Chinese or Chinese people get to learn it .

There is also a nan Tong Long Southern Mantis art called Iron Ox Southern Mantis it is similar to the other three Southern Mantis arts Jook Lum , Chu gar , Chow Gar , Iron Ox Southern Mantis was used in the Boxer Rebellion and there is a book on the art .

Thanks firehawk ..

do u have any other info, urls, etc on the hakka arts?

do u study a hakka art?

bearbear

Hi BearBear

I use to study the Hakka Unicorn style and Chuka Shaolin Phoenix Eye Fist but gave up studying them i will find some Hakka Websites for you basically they are Southern Mantis , Lung Ying , Pak Mei , websites not much on the other strange Hakka Arts . BearBear What Style do you practice ?