Thread: wing gar kung fu?

wing gar kung fu?

anybody heard of it? someone in my city teaches it. to be more specific it is "mah family style" i have not been able to find any info on the internet.

nobody?

u've never heard of wing gar?!?!

it's wing chun done in a horse stance.
    mah ho-mi is the founder of the style, and mah ni-ga is the current head of the association.

this is quite a new system.
    it's maybe 2 or 3 years old, and has a heavy emphasis on a highly stylised system of taunting.
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

anybody else?

Never heard of if, but my immedite guess would be that it's some hybrid of wing chun and hop gar or hung gar that somebody is teaching. we've had schools around here do similar things. One school taught "jing jwa gung" (sp?) which was merely a blended system of wing chun hung gar and mantis.

my suggestion would be to stop by the school and ask them about it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

go here:

http://www.shaolin.nl/forum/

there's a guy in canada named wing-gar who posts there.

he also posts on shaolinwolf.com. My guess it's a blended thing, maybe like wushu or shaolin do. In one of his posts on shaolinwolf, he stated that someone in his school knows over 100 forms.....

someone asked him about his style, and he said "I'll answer via pm, why do you want to know?" and sent them the info via PM instead of posting it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

"A butterfly kick not use full ??? I disagree
    If I grab on to your ears then do the kick whats going to happen to my opponent?
    He has no choice but to try to follow me or have his ears taken off (same if I grab a hand full of hair)
    (same with any other jump kick)
    And yes a butterfly kick is supposed to look like your doing a cartwheel but horizontally not vertically."

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

"My record is 8 hours in a hourse stance.
    (Im learning drunkards boxing and my sifu said to me once take a hourse stance I'll be back when I feel like teaching,8 hours later he came back)"

"when doing stance trianing and no it does not matter what stance your going to do.
    Take a chinese tea cup fill it all most full of water and have a friend place it on your head (good for posture) if the tea cup spills or falls over do it again untill you can hold the stance longer.
    also my favorite is to take a stance and hold it during commercials when im watching tv or right now when im on the computer.
    By the way I can hold a horse stance all day with somome my size standing on my hips (im 5'10" and 230 lbs)
    and yes thats part on my daily training.
    Sifu is a sick adn evil little man."

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

sounds like drunken master to me

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

lol, You serious about the 8 hour horse stance sevenstar?

I've heard of people doing it for long but not that long.....logest I think was 4 hrs.

Where you sitting in full/low stance? (ie thighs parrallel to the floor?)
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

yes, the guy called wing gar on the shaolin forum is from the very same school as the one i saw. i typed "wing gar athletic club" on a search engine and his post was the only one that came up. as you could imagine there were a large number of wing chun and hung gar pages. he said it would be okay if i came down. i just do not want to look like someone who is really interested, and then say, oh just looking. i suspect it to be one of those village styles. the "mah family" part would lead me to believe so. there is another school in the same city which teaches a village style blending 4 or 5 different systems. the most senior student there (30 yrs experience) knows 75 forms. so that may account for this guy with 100 forms.

Wing family huh? Can't say I heard of it? Is it sourthern or northern?
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Originally posted by Souljah
    lol, You serious about the 8 hour horse stance sevenstar?

I've heard of people doing it for long but not that long.....logest I think was 4 hrs.

Where you sitting in full/low stance? (ie thighs parrallel to the floor?)
    That was a quote from wing-gar. it was from some post on shaolinwolf.

Besides, I can hold mine for 12 hours....on hot coals.....with weights strapped to me

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter