Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who says size doesn't matter?

Who says size doesn't matter?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe...out/index.html

I just want to state that I love Southwest Airlines. This problem would not have occured on their aircraft.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Seriously though - if I was the person who was forced to sit next to that woman, I would have sat on the floor, or spent most of the trip standing.

There is no way I would have subjected myself to that sort of situation, knowing full well how uncomfortable I would be.

The lady should take some sort of self responisibilty for staying in the seat.

It's unfortunate that people are that obese, but if you aren't comfortable with a situation, why decide to stay in it?

Neurotic
    'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

as you can read she did spend some of it standing up and some in a staff seat.

The problem is when the seatbelt lights go on you HAVE to sit down in your seat or you can be endagering the other passengers.

I think her husband should have taken her seat for her though.

i know at one point some airlines were considering charging the price of two tickets for anyone who essentially took up two seats, does anyone know what became of this idea?

Southwest Airlines does this.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Yeah but seatbelt signs (generally) are only on for about half an hour in total

15 minutes for landing, 15 minutes for take off.
    (of course thats off my own memory of flying)

If she wanted, she could also have been swapping with her husband, so she only had to sit through one time period.

But I definatley would have made a larger scene before take off - if not asking to be transfered to a later flight.

Neurotic
    'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

If thats not incentive enough to go on the zone then i dont know what is. She **** near killed someone. Blood clots are dangerous and she ruined someone elses vacation.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

STAPLE STOMACH SURGERY ANYONE???
    A

How would you like the job of scraping out the cheese between that fat broad's legs....?
    K. Mark Hoover

OMG Budokan. That is just too gross a mental image

I agree with charging for 2 seats if they are that obese, considering that they are often actually taking up 2 seats.

The next question is - if you had a heavily muscled body builder that also took up more than one seat, should they also be charged for 2 seats?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Does this mean that there are an uncommonly large amount of obese people in the southwest US? (excuse the pun).

Are the pilots looking at the manual when a southwest jet takes off with a load of obese passengers?

I think they should just make bigger seats. problem solved.

as for the woman and her problem... well, unfortunately you can't legislate against stupidity.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What a heavy burden to bear
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by ewallace
    Southwest Airlines does this.
    What if the obese person buys their ticket online?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

What if the obese person buys their ticket online?
    The internet has eyes brother...the internet has eyes.

"Sorry, ma'am, I have a medical condition where I'm unable to control the violent flailing of my elbows - I hope this doesn't inconvenience you."

WHACK!
    WHACK!
    WHACK!
    WHACK!

"Also, please pardon my Tourette's syndrome."

WHACK! "FAT F'CKING B!TCH!"

etc.
    Last edited by Chang Style Novice; 10-22-2002 at 09:00 PM.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.