Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A question about Al Cheng & Jon Funk

"By the way the question has already been resolved by Sifu Funk himself via e-mail & I must say it was very interesting to read what he had to say about Al Cheng & Wong Hung Fun...."

Awesome. I'm glad you got a good result.

Good to hear!

To be fair...I only offered another insight that you could not see beyond.

I always say it was your choice and noted the difference between actual wrong and a mistake!

Jon Funk has taken a step to fix things up and I do not believe he behaved poorly. But I do notice how you guys like to have a united front about how right Ray is right and how Jon needs to go beyond a master.

You take responsibility for you on actions.

Anyway...glad to hear you got things cleared up!

Later!

(by the way the amount of message is only generated by disagreement...no one is out to get Ray dispite what you guys think.)

for RAYNYSC

The information you are looking for in the Mantis Cave. Read the bios and you will understand.
    It is easier to do a little bit of research before asking some rude questions.

Best regards

Fernando

Mr.Dopazo

Thanks for the suggestion but perhaps it is you who should do some more indepth research yourself....
    I have already spoken with Mr. Funk & he courtously provided me with answers that your Mantis Cave Couldn't....

Now as for being rude perhaps you should get out of your cave a little every now & then....
    Just something to think about there as it is not the know all or say all of the mantis system....
    A great source of info but far from being the last word on the mantis system. In this case it has been proven to be flawed or at least not as indepth as you would have one to believe.....

Looks to me like you have some more homework to there as well ninjaboy....
    Just for the record sometimes it's better to go to the source when you can as in this case. Oh & by the way Fernando I believe that it was already pointed out that I had no intention to discredit anyone or be rude when I posted this question....

Peace
    RAYNYSC

Hey, RAYNYSC, can you say 'gloating jerk'?

Once again you manage to be rude without intending to do so...

But I guess your response was 'legitimate'...

Peace

words of wisdom

RAYNYSC,
    Fernando has gone to the trouble of trying to document all the lineages of PM on the planet, a near impossible task.
    He has travelled all over the world meeting PM masters of every style and breed, not to mention making many close MA brother friends.
    His name is well known and respected in the PM community.

On the other hand, you...?

it's not about intentions...on the hand the deliberate self-righteousness in the face of admitted wrong is very immature

on the other hand I am very glad to hear (yet again) sifu jon funk handling the matter with you.

Was he the first to approach or did you approach him again? just wondering...don't worry you seem occupied anyway.

Hi again!

I just checked out the mantiscave and it was very impressive...

congrats to fernando!

To be fair to Ray...I don't think it did contain the specific information he was looking for. Since it was already mentioned in the post about his certification from sifu Huang Han Xun's son.

I didn't check the old posts but I think he was debating whether son had the authority for just being the son??? On that topic I think it's very clear that the son so happen to be the head because he was fitting for the position rather than being the head because he was the son.

So...yeah!

p.s. Fernando you might want consider re-organizing some of the info because it can get a bit messy with such a long lineage. Only an opinion...no biggie!

Hey Tainan Mantis,
    Just for the record Fernando has done a great job with the mantis cave, thats something that is without question... Like I said before it has a great source of infomation on the mantis, but its far from being the know all or say all of the mantis system....You may not agree with me but thats ok as everyone here is entitled to his or her opinion reguardless of how rude it may look or sound in the eyes of others.....

Peace
    RAYNYSC

Visiting NY

Easy RAYNYSC

I do not think the "know all or say all of the mantis system" can ever be produced, therefore I think you are right on your comments about the cave. However I still think the information you were looking for is included there

Anyway, were are you in NY ? I might be going to the USA in December. Please send me your contact information and maybe we can get together, train some tang lang quan and you could also contribute something to make the Cave more complete.

Take care

Fernando

Al Cheng did learn from Wong Hon Fun but he was a little kid at the time.

kung fu books

Perhaps there are larger martial arts lessons here; beyond respect, courtesy, or political correctness.

1. Good form is important, and we need to develop our form if we have any hope for our technique's effectiveness.

2. Impulsive advances are easily deflected.

3. Don't over-commit with any technique. You will lose your root and leave yourself vulnerable.

4. Don't assume your first technique will be effective. Be prepared to respond to a parry.

5. A true martial artist has nothing to prove. He/she is skilled enough, strong enough, and confident enough to sense and avoid a confrontation.

Thumbs up eyelm

Well said!

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M