Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What about loyalty???

-ghd-

I'm not coming into "your" threads in anyway. nor am i defaming you in anyway.

Not gonna do laundry here either. I'll send you a private message.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"Originally posted by Gold Horse Dragon
    As usual kl, you run from truths...typical thinking pattern of yours. when you are unable to get out of something you run or make out like the other person has done something wrong. I have stayed quiet on this for a long time even with some of your posts where you just do not portray accurately situations or information. But here you come into my posts with nonsense. I will stay quiet no longer. You should have let peaceful tigers alone. As I advised you before, you could have acted in a proper manner as defined by common courtesy and Wude and prevented all this...but instead you do not. You should follow your end greeting in your posts and truely seek peace. You will not attain it behaving as you have.
    There are two good articles in the most recent issue of IKF magazine on traditional martial arts, loyalty, courtesy and the sifu/student relationship. Read and learn. You have certainly not learned these lessons yet.
    GHD "

I can't believe someone really talks like this! It's like some cheesy dialog out of a second string chop socky flick.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Talking

What needs to be done...needs to be done. Sometimes laundry has to be aired because there is simply no other way to get them smelling good.

GHD

you think that smelled good? i thought it was abysmal. kung lek suggested the PM route. personally, i second the motion.

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Hey Ape..the word is not smelled but smelt. If you don't like the smell, stay out of the kitchen...no one forced you in
    When there is a bad smell..air it out to have it smell better. Hmm, all this olfactory talk is making me hungry for Yum Cha!
    GHD

Some commentaries

Dear pals,
    when I 1st posted this message, I rankly didn't expected so many disucssions, all with very good arguments.I don't know if this is an important info., but the intellectual skills of thos here in this forum are far higher than the majority of fighters or at least those who goes to a dojo in Brasil (I wouldn't say that goes to a kwoon because CMA in Brasil are bad, sad and fake).
    My intention was just to have a notion about the value of loyalty and the morality included in this value. I belong to the same martial -art family since 1990. This was an option after meeting so many others. There ain't nothing to change my view of my si-fu, because first of all whe are friends, second, his is a master in what he does (doesn't means that his a master in life, I don't recognize this kind of spiritual-guide position) and 3rd whe are in the same project. I mean't this when I first posted about loyalty. All the considerations means logical to me, and it's quite easy to recon' the differents between our societies.
    Thanks for the attention,
    best regards, Bruno Lima Rocha (student of Marcello Teixeira, Xing Yi) - BRASIL

Re: Some commentaries

bruno,

it's been a good thread, mate. a really good thread. thanks for starting it.

stuart b.

Originally posted by Bruno Lima Roch
    Dear pals,
    when I 1st posted this message, I rankly didn't expected so many disucssions, all with very good arguments.I don't know if this is an important info., but the intellectual skills of thos here in this forum are far higher than the majority of fighters or at least those who goes to a dojo in Brasil (I wouldn't say that goes to a kwoon because CMA in Brasil are bad, sad and fake).
    My intention was just to have a notion about the value of loyalty and the morality included in this value. I belong to the same martial -art family since 1990. This was an option after meeting so many others. There ain't nothing to change my view of my si-fu, because first of all whe are friends, second, his is a master in what he does (doesn't means that his a master in life, I don't recognize this kind of spiritual-guide position) and 3rd whe are in the same project. I mean't this when I first posted about loyalty. All the considerations means logical to me, and it's quite easy to recon' the differents between our societies.
    Thanks for the attention,
    best regards, Bruno Lima Rocha (student of Marcello Teixeira, Xing Yi) - BRASIL

GHD,

Originally posted by Gold Horse Dragon
    Hey Ape..the word is not smelled but smelt. If you don't like the smell, stay out of the kitchen...no one forced you in
    When there is a bad smell..air it out to have it smell better. Hmm, all this olfactory talk is making me hungry for Yum Cha!
    GHD
    crack a dictionary, mate. you'll find that 'smelled' is an alternate spelling, presumably used in that mythic land said to exist outside of canada.

stay out of the kitchen? hey, if you want to get into your personal issues here on a public discussion board, don't look surprised when it garners you a public reaction.

now, i don't know what kung lek did to insult you, your mum, and the shaolin temple. and i don't care. so far, he's conducted himself with far more decorum and dignity.

IMHO

stuart b.

Awe...you were offended.

Do not speak of things you do not know of and you are right..you do not know what kl has done...and like I said no one forced you into this thread...so if you do not like it...stay out. It has been my experience kl only responds to these issues publically and since he came at me publically, it deserves a public response. If it offends your fine phenotypic British ancestry sensiblities..then do not come into this thread and save yourself agro. These are my last words re: this topic
    GHD

Braden Guest
    lol @ correcting someone's spelling.

GHD,

Awe...you were offended.
    offended? hardly. if i were offended every time someone on KFO acted like a tool, i'd have a stomach ulcer by now.

Do not speak of things you do not know of and you are right..you do not know what kl has done
    here we go with the shaw brothers dialogue again. d*mn you! i do not know of what i speak. now... i'm gonna die!!

please. nope, i don't know what KL has done. and as far as i know, that ain't the point of this thread. so i don't particularly need to know.

no one forced you into this thread...so if you do not like it...stay out.
    noone asked for you to cut and paste your journal on here either, mate. again, you've got issues that you want to air publically? expect a public reaction. you don't like the reaction? deal. it was your call to make. you made it. good times.

It has been my experience kl only responds to these issues publically and since he came at me publically, it deserves a public response.
    which is precisely what you're receiving. a public response.

If it offends your fine phenotypic British ancestry sensiblities..then do not come into this thread and save yourself agro. These are my last words re: this topic
    not your thread, mate. you didn't start it. and there's plenty of interesting discussion on it, despite your antics. so i think i'll stay, fine sensibilities or no.

stuart b.

LOL at correcting someone's spelling, being wrong about it, and then using words like "publically"(sic) and "phenotypic"...

Boy, I am surprised you guys didn't get this....smelt is also a type of fish like, but not the same as salmon...get it - smelled - smelt, fish can be smelt...never mind! But this was not a correction on spelling or grammar but a play on words. Pheno can mean to 'shine' hence apos British sensibilities standing out in a typical way...it was all a play on words boys...take it easy now. As for publically - yes I did not spell that correctly (and yes apo does not know how to spell it either)...but I never claimed to be super dooper at spelling.
    As you said it is a public domain and if kl comes in with comments in the public domain that have a subtle meaning (since we have now each other for years), I will respond in the public domain with some subtle and not so subtle comments...if he had sent me a pm, I would have responded in like. Now, if you do not like reading it, simply do not read it and you won't get your bonnet all out of wack. The bottom line is I have the right to respond publicly (got it right that time) when commented on publicly (got it right again)...kl came in with an agenda towards myself and I responded. If he had not come in with the agenda, I would not have responded...capish (did I spell that right?...ah, who cares)
    THE END!

GHD

ghd- you do not have pm turned on in your profile. Therefore I am composing a more robust e-mail for you. You can expect it soon.

I don't see where you are getting that I have an agenda against you. I do not. Again, I have not attacked you publically either.?????

I do not have a subtle message. I think it was quite clear.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

GHD,

Boy, I am surprised you guys didn't get this....smelt is also a type of fish like, but not the same as salmon...get it - smelled - smelt, fish can be smelt...never mind! But this was not a correction on spelling or grammar but a play on words.
    so you weren't being contrary? you were telling a pun? well... i'm not certain which of these should carry the stiffer penalty. fair enough though. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was a joke and i didn't get it (as opposed to it being an explanation retrofitted considerably after the fact to cover up for you being contrary). [shrug]

Pheno can mean to 'shine' hence apos British sensibilities standing out in a typical way...it was all a play on words boys...take it easy now.
    a typical way? yeah, i guess you're right. most of my neighbors like to have domestic disputes on the front porch, in the video store, that sort of thing. but me, i'm kinda uptight that way.

As for publically - yes I did not spell that correctly (and yes apo does not know how to spell it either)...but I never claimed to be super dooper at spelling.
    [sigh] actually, i'm a professional writer/editor. and, for the record, you did spell 'publically' correctly. (again, it's an alternate spelling, quite possibly used in queen's english.)

As you said it is a public domain and if kl comes in with comments in the public domain that have a subtle meaning (since we have now each other for years), I will respond in the public domain with some subtle and not so subtle comments...if he had sent me a pm, I would have responded in like. Now, if you do not like reading it, simply do not read it and you won't get your bonnet all out of wack. The bottom line is I have the right to respond publicly (got it right that time) when commented on publicly (got it right again)...kl came in with an agenda towards myself and I responded. If he had not come in with the agenda, I would not have responded...capish (did I spell that right?...ah, who cares)
    and, as i said, i'm not inclined or empowered to stop you from saying whatever you like. but say it in public, and deal with a public reaction. it's that simple.

THE END!
    ?

stuart b.