Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yip Mans 4 that he taught it all too!

Joy - Cheers! & Thanks for not smacking me too hard!

Yuanfen:

Duncan Leung is not teacher; he is my sibak, but I think his wing chun is very good and for the other Yip Man's students that visited and gave seminars which I have been too in nyc.

I am making an opinion based on my experience, unless you shared the same experience and have encountered Yip Chun, Moy Yat, Harkwin Cheung, William Cheung, Duncan Leung, Emin (I know he is not a student of Yip Man), and Alan Lee then you can not understand my perception. I have met other wing chun sifus in nyc as well. It is my opinion and nothing more. Whether you respect that is not my concern. I am just offering my thoughts.

Bao

Opinions are Like A--holes, Everybody Has One

Originally posted by yuanfen
    jesper sez:First in his SLT where he left out a section, but later reinstated that when WSL confronted him with a problem

((That motion is there in another part of wing chun. Tailor making it for WSL for solving his problem does not mean that Ip Man was changing the form for everyone))
    Right. It was already there, but WSL had to have it emphasized for him. Not to knock the much admired (by me) WSL.
    Martial Joe sez:I know Tsui Sheung Tin was his third...hes the man

((Things like this- understandably--In the eye of the beholder))
    Yay! We're number three! We're number three! I guess some of us have to settle. Two and one must be proud, and four's probably rationalizing too.
    Mr Bao sez:to be honest there is nothing like Duncan Leung or Alan Lee out there but that is my opinion

((Not an unusual opinion- lots of people feel that way about their particular teacher- dont you think so?))
    Perhaps Mr. Bao is right. There are also no exact equals out there for Yip Man's students Leung Sheung, Lok Yiu, Tsui Sheung Tin, and Wong Shun Leung, Ho Kam Minh....the list goes on to include second certain second, third, and fourth generation students.

Red5 can read 'em and hold his head high for a change. Rene, if you keep posing, er posting, about the Yip Man lineage, I'm going to start spilling what I know about YKS.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

reneritchie
    Joy - Cheers! & Thanks for not smacking me too hard!

((No problem:-))

Grendel sez:Red5 can read 'em and hold his head high for a change.
    ((Really?))
    Rene, if you keep posing, er posting, about the Yip Man lineage, I'm going to start spilling what I know about YKS.

((Oh no. Did I tell you about the time that I heard....nah<g>)))

Mr.Bao sez: It is my opinion and nothing more. Whether you respect that is not my concern. I am just offering my thoughts.

((I took it as your opinion and I have shown no disrespect))

Yuan,

No disrepect was personally taken from me. Before I was introduced to Alan Lee via Peter Koo or even Duncan Leung via Lee Sifu, I was studying under Victor Parlati of traditional wing chun in nyc.

I didn't think highly of Parlati, but out of the instructors in nyc. He was the only school doing some physical contact and Grados Sifu was doing plenty of contact but no form practice and Terrence Yip sidu was doing plenty of form and chi but his techniques weren't realistic for me. I even doubted William Cheung's story during my study with Parlati, but I had to practice something in the end. Trust me if I was a student of Parlati now I would not even speak about him as I would with Duncan Leung and Alan Lee. I swear on the life on my whole family. May they die if I am lying now!!!!!! FOR REAL FOR REAL.

So I was in luck when Alan Lee went public. He humbled me from the beginning and make me rethink about wing chun in a new light. Like I said before if you met some of the senior students of Yip Man like I did, then we can talk on an equal foot and exchange what we witnessed. Sounds fair?

Bao

Exclamation Here are the 4 students of Yip Man

Here are the 4 students in question.

Leung Sheung, Lok Yiu, Chu Shong Tin, Wong Shun Leung

regards,

David
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

Grendel I wasnt saying he was the man because he was his third student.

Hes just really good.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Mr. Bao sez:Like I said before if you met some of the senior students of Yip Man like I did, then we can talk on an equal foot and exchange what we witnessed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr Bao- You are entitled to your perceptions...I have met quite a few people myself. We probably just have different perceptions.
    Lets just let it go at that.

Originally posted by Mr. Bao

Trust me if I was a student of Parlati now I would not even speak about him as I would with Duncan Leung and Alan Lee. I swear on the life on my whole family. May they die if I am lying now!!!!!! FOR REAL FOR REAL.

Bao
    How old are you? What a sick, ill thought out post. You do no credit to your sifu.

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Re: Here are the 4 students of Yip Man

Originally posted by planetwc
    Here are the 4 students in question.

Leung Sheung, Lok Yiu, Chu Shong Tin, Wong Shun Leung

regards,

David
    Hi David,

Thanks, and what was the occasion of the photo?

Regards,

Four Masters

The caption has nothing to do with the "four masters," doesn't even mention their names! It is some story about some guy named Wong Yu and his tea-talk with Bruce Lee....
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

I don't know why you guys keep arguing or "researching" about things like this but everyone in hong kong, esp. the staff of the VTAA knows that

1. Lok Yiu
    2. Tsui Seung Tin,
    3. Leung Sheung,
    4. Wong Shun Leung

(no particular order)

were among the elite no matter what " early class" or "late students before his death" kind of b/s.

Planet WC or Urbon Tea

What does that article in Chinese say?

Leung Sheng
    Lok Yu
    Chu Shong Tin
    WSL
    Ho Kam Ming
    Moy Yat
    Lo Man Kam
    William Cheng
    Ling Ting
    Duncan Leang
    Victor Kan

All these people were supposed to have learnt the knives, but only 4 tell the truth..........................

Nah, I think perhaps the knives is not such a big deal. If you knew everything else well then knowing the knives wouldnt make much difference woud it?
    ....But I guess there is still the matter of honesty to your students, saying you learnt the knnives from YM when they didnt.

If it turns out there are more than 4 or less than 4, if there are 0 or an infinate amount, will a Star Treky causality loop appear and swallow HK whole?

Hey, maybe the 'sums over history of todai' include every possible combination with the least likely cancelling out and leaving only a fuzzy abstract art shape of possibles.

Sigh. Viva Saturday!

Rene, if you keep posing, er posting, about the Yip Man lineage, I'm going to start spilling what I know about YKS.
    He didn't teach so much, so luckily that part is minimized, and Sum Nung is still alive in GZ, so we currently experience less of this kind of nonsense (since people can theoretically hop on a plane and go see how he moves and what he does). In a few generations tho...?