Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun in Las Vegas?

Hey Watchman!...It's been a while eh?...

Yes sir, it has. I see you're still keeping everyone in check.

I bet that you have been watching in the background all this times. Are you back for good?....

Thumbs up

Oh snaps! Watchman is back! Cool! A Watchman, last time I heard from you, you recomended another Wing Chun school here, do you remeber which one that was? Thanx, I will email them.

Yung Apprentice,

What is the latest news of your wing chun journey? What sifus have you met and what did you think so far?

Bao

I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding school addresses. I'll I really have is one phone number, that when I called two days in a row, it was buisy. I would like to get all of the addresses, so that I may go and visit all off them, one after another. But I sent out two emails yesterday, one to Steven Leung, and one to the email that Watchman gave me to ask about the Yip Ching school.

I got a reply from the email of Wckfa.com and they gave me a number for the Yip Ching lineage school. It is taught by Sean Meyer who is certified.

Has Steven Leung email you yet?

Good luck keep trying.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

Nope. Oh well. I'll give the Yip Ching school a call tomorrow. I plan on visiting some schools on Monday.

Nevermind. Just checked my emails and he replied. He teaches only private lessons, and at your place. But my place is way to small, and I would like to go to a school, so that I can spar people.

Originally posted by Mr. Bao
    Some people go and study for the genetic reasoning. Like Yip Man's love juice carried all of his wing chun knowledge. LoL. Or that Yip Man must have taught wing chun everyday to his sons. My dad is a CPA, I hate math and yes he taught me math. But I still suck in math and i am not a CPA. LOL.

Bao
    while this may be true in some cases, its not in this one. ip chings wing chun is top notch. i've had the opportunity to train with him and it was one of the most beneficial wing chun experiences ive had (not to mention going to dinner with him, my sifu and a few other students ). he's also an extremely good and modest person from what i've seen/heard
    Travis

structure in motion

TJD:

I haven't met Yip Ching but have met Yip Chun. I have heard bad things about both sons of Yip Man. I like Yip Chun which I've found to be a funny and kind person. His student terrence yip teaches in new york city. I didnn't agree with some of his ideas but that is my opinion. I hope to meet Yip Ching some day in the future. I have met some of Yip Man students such as Duncan Leung, William Cheung, Harkin Cheung, Yip Chun, and my sifu Lee Chee Kong.

Too many people here thinks too much of sons of famous martial artists or famous anything. Kung fu is hard work period. It has nothing to do with genetics. You can also apply this to any field of knowledge. People have to keep this in mind. I am glad Yip Ching was pleasant and you had a nice experience with him. I hope you will meet many more of Yip Man students.
    Mr. Bao

"A gung fu man, then, should be soft-yet not yeilding; firm-yet not hard." Lee Jan Fan

First off.....Watchman! How the hell are ya? Good to see you back on the forum. It must be at least a year or two. Hope everything is well.

Yung Apprentice - in regards to Steve Leung, I would strongly suggest visiting him. Steve is a very dedicated, knowledgable and skillful Wing Chun man, not to mention a very cool guy. Private lessons with him would benefit you greatly.

IMHO - forget sparring for now. Finding the best possible SiFu should be the priority. Good luck.
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

Yeah, I am thinkin about it. But there are a couple other excellent teachers out here too, who have schools in which I may test my skills against other students, and in the long run may be a lot cheaper than private lessons. One problem I had with TKD, was not enough actual sparring. We would do some light contact and some point but, but not enough medium to full. So I never really got to try out my skills.

Yung Apprentice

I also live in Vegas. You can e-mail me at mr2mecca@lvcm.com and we can talk more about WC teachers in Vegas.