Thread: New Tai Chi Magazine

New Tai Chi Magazine

Generally, I don't buy copies of Tai Chi magazine. However, I picked up a copy of the magazine at a local bookstore because of the recent issue's content. Three Taiji masters are remembered in various articles, Dr. Wen Zee, T.T. Liang, and Wang Hao Da. Besides that, there is an article on Peng Jing, and the last part of an article By Alex Yeo on the evolution of Yang style. Mainly, I am posting this because of Yeo's interesting article, which presents some interesting views on the evolution of the Yang style a bit different from the accepted norm.

Anyway, pretty much any way you look at it, this is a good issue of the zine.

Hold up

Wen Zee and Wang Hao Da died?

When?

-D

Hopefully you buy copies of our magazine though...

After all, you use are forums. If you're not subscribed, here's your chance to be an honorable warrior and support the forum you enjoy for free - http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/subscribe.php
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hey Sam, are you still doing that Sunday class in the park?
    How many people are coming around?
    I was thinking of bringing by a couple of my students and learning from you.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-stormmountain go here and look at the kung fu photo gallery and maybe you might remember who I am. I hope you've been doing well.

Sam, what were some of the Yang style history theories presented in the article?
    "Duifang jing zhi meng ji, wo fang tui zhi ce fang xi zhi."

Hi Gene, and yes, I do buy KF/Q magazine. I don't subscribe but I do get them from the newsstand. Maybe one day when I can aford it, I'll subscribe and get every one.

Hi Jay, I've been wondering how you've been. Your Single Whip posture looks pretty good. Classes never really picked up because I don't advertise, I just spread news by word of mouth. A couple people came on different days, but both had really full lives with little time left for picking up a new art. However, I practice every Sunday in the park anyway, so it's no big deal, I just use the time to practice. Feel free to drop by any time and bring anyone you want.

TS, I don't have the article at hand, but it had some alternate theories. Mainly I was interested in his personal interpretations of information he gathered, which is similar to theories Erle Montaigue has put forward recently which caused a lot of controversy. Besides presenting some possible reasons for the Yang style's evolution, he theorizes that Yang learned something other than the Chen style from Chen Chang Hsing, and theorizes that it was what Chen learned from Jiang Fa, and that Chen taught Yang Jiang's art because he was forbidden to teach the Chen art after learning from Jiang. I didn't get to read the rest of the article.