Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese Medicine and Mental Health?

Intense Psychedelic Reactions

I do Crisis Intervention for the Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic's special division, Rock Medicine. (http://www.rockmed.org/spaceten.htm ) I specialize in dealing with intense psychedelic reations (bad drug trips) and a few years back we experimented with acupuncture, mainly auricular. Of course, TCM has no specific advice for someone on a bad acid trip, but using metaphors to psychosis, some protocols were developed. We had to stop because it walked a fine line in the law. Acupuncture is invasive since it breaks the skin barrier and you need some sort of permission to do that, which your not going to get from someone tripping on acid (actually you might but it would be valid.) It was a shame, because we were having some success with it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Smile

Thanks Kevin and Gene. I had no idea that knowledge was left out in the quantification of TCM.
    Gene. You should write a paper. That's valuable experience and information.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Braden Guest
    Kevin: Thanks for the information. Am I correct in concluding Qing Zhi Bing describes diagnostic criteria based on clinical interview and observations, with acupunture and moxibustion being the treatment modality of choice?

I noticed it's on the ACOS curriculum. One more allure to beautiful Nelson.