Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forms

Alright, I'll do both.
    I live in the States, have gone to a couple Ron Biliki seminars, and currently train at a school that messes the filipino arts with JKD. The filipino arts are from just one step from the source, and the JKD comes from Biliki. So most pure wing chun I've learned has from Yimm Lee's book, or others who train at my school. Though it's hard for me to decifer how true the techniques are to classic WC.

I know to check out Ron's site, and a few other big names, but I was curious if there were any other good WC tapes out there. I got one tape quite awhile ago with, I'm not sure about the name, Ted Wong? He unfortunately passed away in 97' I think. Sound familar to anyone?

Thanx

p.s. no commercial TKD kinda schools please.

No disrespect to either, but these days it seems just about every JKD school does lots of FMA.

Ted Wong is/was a JKD guy, not a WC'er. Perhaps you are thinking of Wong Shun Leung.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

OK, that helps to know where you're coming from.
    There are good tapes for reference, and there are good tapes for learning a sequence of moves. Depending on how good you are at picking stuff up off tape, will determine what sort of tape you want to get.
    Personally I'd start with the video of Yip Man doing SLT, CK + MYJ. Over here that combination is usually sold by Steve Lee Swift (Danger, Sifu plug!) titled "Original Wing Chun" tel 813-87-SWIFT. If I remember rightly, it also has Yip Chun doing some of them afterwards slower & with better film quality.

Teazer-do they take orders by phone/
    How much?
    O have misplaced mine and would like to buy one
    for my very disorganized collection..
    Help?