Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween!

Found it....

Greetings David Jamieson,

I found the recording and it is WAY WAY WAY BETTER than the live performance. I really like it. She is connected with the band and they are really bouncing off each other. The live performance did not have that at all. It was more like, "Hey! What about us? This is not a solo performance."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCWg11LR48

Again, thank you for taking the time to share with me. It was worth trying to understand where you were coming from.

mickey

ttt 4 2012

Maybe we'll share the costume contest this year. The graphic dept went far out. Anyone else in costume?

Happy Halloween!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Not yet; halloween costumes don't play well with corporate meetings and meetups with journalists. I'll do up something when I get home so that I can scare the kiddies.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

trick or treat

There are more on our fb page

me

DS (with his bony finger on the ban button!)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I normally paint my face up like a stylistic skull (see below), but I'm not doing it this year because it takes forever to put on and forever to take off. Plus, the black paint stains my eyelashes black, making it look like I'm wearing mascara. It's embarrassing because people think I'm wearing makeup when I go into work the next day.

I just finished making a last minute Halloween prop for my nephew. He wants to go as a "Ninja Assassin Mario." He has the Mario hat and mustache, but he didn't have a workable sword. He had used an old red yard stick a few years before as a sword. He just painted the blade with a silver paint marker, and then he wrapped one end in blue painters tape to act as a hilt. His mother didn't want to spend any money on costume stuff this year, so I took the the yard stick sword and made some improvements. First, I cut the end to look like the point of a Japanese sword. Second, I put two layers of duck tape on it to make the blade look like metal. Third, I slid on a cardboard hand guard. Fourth, I wrapped the hand guard and the blue painters tape tightly in electrical tape. Fifth, I wrote 死神 ("God of Death") on the blade to give it an authentic Asian feel. It took about 25 minutes for everything. It turned out pretty good considering what it looked like beforehand.

Happy Halloween 2013!

Who's in costume?

Tiger Claw Halloween Party

I'm a little bummed. I've been busy so I just picked one of my formal Shaolin robes from my closet and grabbed my favorite Dao. Usually our graphic design crew totally kicks ass and puts everyone to shame in the costume contest. This year, they bailed. So I probably could have won if I put more effort into it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Who's in costume?

Tiger Claw Halloween Party

I'm a little bummed. I've been busy so I just picked one of my formal Shaolin robes from my closet and grabbed my favorite Dao. Usually our graphic design crew totally kicks ass and puts everyone to shame in the costume contest. This year, they bailed. So I probably could have won if I put more effort into it.
    Man, you pose like a sex symbol

ttt 4 2015!

The Tiger Claw Halloween Party is on! Photos from our costume contest are being posted on the official Tiger Claw Facebook page Halloween album.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Córdoba View Post
    Man, you pose like a sex symbol
    I'm too sexy for this forum.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well it is over here.

I was not handing out candy this year but taking a little one around the streets. Was told, we got all of 20 kids. My street, the people on it SUCK ! There was maybe 7 homes on a streeet of idk, 40 homes with their lights on. My street is long so those 7 are spread out. We were the only homes were there was a cluster of 3 homes , The rest you walk 3-4 homes or more to the next house open. Almost all the streets are like this now. Except one 2 streets over. 70 % of the homes a Halloweeen friendly.. So, I put the kid in the car and drove to the RICH-RICH people streets- He scored full sized candy bars there.

Sad really. Halloween sucks now and has been worse and worse every year around here for the most part. probably the last decade. Maybe it is because people are broke for the last 10 years ? Oh, well, he is little enough to have had a great time and be excited still. 11. My oldest boy it was still great on Halloween. Almost eveyone was handing out candy and decorated and stuff.

But, as always, there is one home. every years he turns his detached 2 car garage into some sort of theme walk through. He did not disappoint this year either. Still the best on the area for Halloween and I appreciate all the work he does for a couple of hours for children. Real nice guy and his wife. They love seeing the kids faces when we come out the haunted house.

edit- I am sorry, I forgot to ask how you guys did ? Is it still nice in your areas or are people turning off the lights and closing the doors?
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 10-31-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Boo!

See the Tiger Claw Halloween costumes on our facebook album here: Happy Halloween from Tiger Claw!

Here's my entry this year - not a winner (sadly, only a few TC peeps got it )
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

James Yen FTW!

James had the coolest Halloween costume of 2016.

donnieyenofficial
    Follow

You can see we have the force!! 😆💪#Repost @sweetcil
    ・・・
    Like father like son.
    Thank you to our amazing Bullet films costume design team in HK for making this coolest #chirrutimwe costume for James!! And thx to #Disney for sending us the materials! #happyhalloween #starwars #rogueone #bulletfilms #donnieyen #甄子丹 @bulletfilmsofficial #lucasfilms
    9,913 likes
    2d
    donnieyenofficialYou can see we have the force!! 😆💪#Repost @sweetcil
    ・・・
    Like father like son.
    Thank you to our amazing Bullet films costume design team in HK for making this coolest #chirrutimwe costume for James!! And thx to #Disney for sending us the materials! #happyhalloween #starwars #rogueone #bulletfilms #donnieyen #甄子丹 @bulletfilmsofficial #lucasfilms
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Happy Halloween from Tiger Claw!

California Office

Tennessee Office

Complete Tiger Claw Halloween album here on Tiger Claw's facebook page.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt for 2018!

Anyone having costume parties at work? Tiger Claw will have one later today. I just posted the pix in the Tiger Claw Halloween facebook album.

TN Group

CA Group
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fast Food Fairies

From the current year - Some interesting footage here

Mostly Chinese ghosts and monsters here except for the cultural infiltration of the Grim Reaper - An European image or personification that originated in the 14 century.
    I think the ending got lost in translation.
    "顺其自然"

Happy halloween

Happy Halloween. A cheesy little video I put together for the holiday.
    https://youtu.be/jMe3efblqPo