Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to share an experience

Originally posted by Serpent
    EWallace, I want to reiterate. Good for you on taking control of your life, in whatever way you choose, and I hope your family and your life become pleasures again.
    Thanks bro. That means a lot coming from a midget fondler.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

What!? You can see me from there!?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

The internet has eyes my friend...the internet has eyes.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Dayum, I'm going to have to be more careful!

Just as well no one will be able to recognise me thanks to my gimp mask.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

I'm agreeing with Serpent here (this is becoming a scary trend.)

Religion is cool by me as long as the followers maintain their individuality and a sense of self. They are still whole even without their church or their God.

Well done EW and thanks for sharing.

Amen!
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

I'm an agnostic, myself. I've never seen any convincing proof that any particular God or gods exist. So since they're all (or mostly) about equally likely, it seems a bit foolish to pick one blindly. When some God or gods speaks to me, then I'll start being religious. In the meantime, I just try to act in a way that I think is decent. What I consider decent is purely personal to me, and I wouldn't try to impose it on anyone else.

I think a lot of the teachings in the Bible are very valuable, particularly a lot of the parables and sayings attributed directly to Jesus. I also think there's a lot of things in the bible (the Old Testament and most of Paul's gospels, for example) that are really questionable and possibly even dangerous to take at face value. That's why particularly devout and (especially) literalist/fundamentalist Christians worry me a bit.

All of which is just me narcissistically nattering on about myself and my beliefs, and has nothing really to do with the thread, of course. What's important is that you found the teachings in the Bible helpful, ewallace, and were able to use them to guide yourself out of a bad period in your life. As long as you stay tolerant and openminded, there's nothing wrong with that; quite the opposite. I'm glad you were able to help yourself, and I sincerely hope that your life continues to improve. Good luck!

as long as you cleared that up.

my mistake then.

Good post FatherDog. Any kind of extremism is a dangerous thing. Forcing others to agree with your opinions or religion is not right in my book. I do see speaking to and/or teaching others about the word of God as a responsibility, but far too many see this as a duty to convert the "non-believers", and sometimes condemning them for their beliefs. I believe that is wrong. A paraphrase of a scripture states "Judge others and you will surely be judged" pretty much tells me what I need to know on that subject. Who am I to say anyone is wrong? I disagree with your opinion but I also respect it. And my disagreement is simply an opinion of my own. When people take it upon themselves to force their beliefs upon others instead of speaking to them about their beliefs is where a lot of problems begin.

Quite right, ewallace. And they are usually the first to shout and holler about people oppressing their beliefs!

If you haven't come across it already, I would suggest you do a net search for the Gospel of Thomas.

Wow. Ewallace, I would never have expected that you were at rock bottom. In fact, I was under the impression that you were very happy and content. Just goes to show you about reality vs. the net.

Religion is a wonderful thing. Really. I applaude you, and I think you will start putting everything back in focus now. I'm happy for you. Good luck, and remember that beliefs mean little without actions to back em up.

Oh yeah, and make sure not to take the "who am I to say who's wrong" stuff to the extreme..... it can become EXTREMELY dangerous and apathetic.

But we all know that now anyway.

Good luck, and good life, my friend.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Actually, Ryu, you're totally wrong.

Angry

Who are YOU to say that??

"No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

I am the bearer of the only pure and total truth.

Yours for only $99.99 plus s&h.

Thanks Ryu. I appreciate that.

Thumbs up

No prob. Meant every word of it.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....