Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is flatulence a loss of qi?

Smile Is flatulence a loss of qi?

Something Kung Lek said in passing in another thread; excessive gas is considered a loss of qi, therefore grain is often avoided by qigong practitioners.

I've never heard this before, is it considered true by many of you?

Also, what else is considered a loss of qi? I know a lot of people consider ejaculation a loss of jing, therefore qi depleting. What other everyday bodily activities threaten our qi?

I don't think there's a suitable smilie for this thread!

Perhaps for excessive wind?

Serious question, however. What do you all think?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

not a lost the most, if not all of us. Your bodies natural secretions are not considered lost unless in the strictest sense, then so, one wont even require food or water.

Other "losses" include wandering of the mind, basically any thoughts outside of the body releases qi in such a way too. Drinking cold water, cold showers, over stressing by straining, all sorts of stress, unhappiness, anger.

my $0.02

Sorry man, I didn't understand a word of that.

Are you saying it is a loss or not?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Serpent, I have two things to say to you:

1. I totally used to be able to shoot hadokens until one day I ate a lot of Taco bell. Shit, I had diahrrea farts for like 3 hours, and when it was done, to my dismay, I found I could no longer shoot hadokens

2. ""A wheelchair does not spare a person from having to walk the talk" - HuangKaiVun "

lol, I think wtf does that mean? That's about as useful as anything HKV has told me.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thumbs up

Emotions,
    food,
    breathing,air,
    energy fields (electronic machines,cables etc.)
    even our circumstances-our home and every single object of it effects our energy (feng shui)
    Parental qi (as there are various qiīs,also the qi we receive from our parents effects our condition)

Ejaculation is only bad too often,improper menstruation does the same I think.

http://www.kungfu.ch/Hapkido/9_rules_hapkido.htm
    9 rules of shin moo hapkido,a bit unrelated but deals with some of these things in itīs own view.

BTW,grain is one of important type of nutrition for sure.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Originally posted by Serpent
    Sorry man, I didn't understand a word of that.

Are you saying it is a loss or not?
    sorry mate, didnt mean to be so cryptic, was in a hurry at work.
    thought I would get a few words in.

You hafta f@rt man ! f@rt is good for you, its a natural secretion and you should always let them go. It's your bodies naturalk way of getting rid of bad things, eastern or western, its the same.

But see to get all cryptic, everybody loses qi, when you think about your girlfriend in the past, or what you going to do in the future with your car, house woteva, you are constantly losing qi. Every breathe you take, you gain and lose qi. We have to live, we have to eat, we have to kill, albeit unintentionally, such is the life cycle.

Relax enjoy n dont worry about those little f@rt things. Just, dont do it when folks are around

edity: wow, they sensor f@rt ?

You hafta f@rt man !

pure comedy

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Qi depletion.

Pretty much everything thats been said is true, the basics is that which excessive depletes the Yang and that which is deficient depletes the Yin. Of course this isn't that straight forward as each can deplete the other too, and other factors can cause qi depletion.

Ejaculation causes Jing depletion, not qi depletion as such. Pre-natal Jing is that which one inherits from our parents and which is considered to be the most important source of energy as it is our long-life constitutional reserve. A poor supply of it will usually mean premature ageing signs, general lacking in energy all life, prone to illness frequently and poor physical development.

A strong source of Jing will usually mean the ability to rarely be ill and the ability to make much physcial and physiological punishment and rebuild quickly.

Qi depletion in general though can be through, overwork, excessice sexual activity, poisoning, emotional disturbance, sleep disruption or deficiency, exposure to pathogenic factors, diet , exercise and environment. Again if any of these causes either the Yin or the Ynag of the body to exceed or reduce from its balanced position then there is draining of qi in the body.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Oh my god. I....can't.......breathe........did somebody say 'improper menstruation'?
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

man, yoga addresses everything, doesn't it?

So it's the old saying: everything in moderation. Eat moderately, drink moderately, sleep moderately, **** moderately.
    There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

that's f a r t

There is a great streak of violence in every human being. If it is not channeled and understood, it will break out in war or in madness. ~Sam Peckinpah

Apparently qi smells a lot worse than I thought.

I can't believe I'm reading this conversation, much less 'contributing.'
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I find a good run of Yoga will usually release those intestinal gases.

This begs the question; how exactly does one menstruate 'improperly'?

I've suspected for years that my wife might be menstruating improperly. However, she doesn't seem to appreciate my pointers.