I've been wondering from school to school for a while now. And finally, I've settled with Southern Praying Mantis as my choice... But why oh why is there so much bloody politics! My school this, your school that, my teacher says this your teacher says that blah blah blah....

I don't just mean from one style to another, but even in the same system, even in the same bloody branch of that system... There's probably more politics than the Kung Fu itself!!!

Why do Kung Fu people in general seem so caught up in the chit chat of Kung Fu more than the practice of Kung Fu itself? Does it really matter which came first? Or what the original was like? Well actually it does... But not at the expense of judgement in what that style or school has evolved into. What do I mean by this? Though many styles may come from the same root, each should still be seen and judged upon by their own merits.... For example, the Hakka arts... Southern Mantis (all braches and schools...), Pak Mei, Dragon style, Beggars Arts etc, all share the same roots amoung the Hakka people. But does this mean that the original Hakka Kuen is better than all the rest? Or should we see each as a sigular and individual style?

But enough of that... What's with all this, northern Vs southern, Chow Gar Vs Jook Lum Vs Chu Gar Vs Iron Ox Vs Pak Mei Vs whatever-its-called ?!?!?!?!? What a load of bollox! And I'm not even gonna go near the fact that all individual systems have their own pros and cons... why do most of us Kung Fu people think only of the system and not on the indiviuals of each system?

When the time comes, it's not northern vs southern, pak mei vs mantis, hung gar vs choi li fut.... It's a simple Me Vs You. This is something so simple but we all forget it!

All the politics of Kung Fu is completely pointless. The way I see it, if your Kung Fu is good, you have the right to say what you will, you have the right to be respected for it.

If one day, I walk pass a bearded Old man, and I hear that he's te Great Great grandmaster of whatever system... I don't give a rats arse if he is the pupil of whatever master, the only teacher of whatever style or any of that **** . I'll respect him if he's a good man, I'll respect him if he's kung fu is good.

The politics of kung fu.. pointless. It shrouds the things that we should be looking towards... The Kung Fu itself. Nothing else matters.

Leave politics to the govenment, lets just pratice our arts with a smile on our face because we enjoy the art for what it is, not what it is supposed to be or what it should be....