Thread: Special Trainning In Choy Lay Fut & Southern Shaolin

Special Trainning In Choy Lay Fut & Southern Shaolin

in tibetan white crane we have a special 2 man drill like the popular sam sing ( 3 stars ) for forearms conditionning . but in our system this drill is longer than 3 stars and incluiding kicks conditionning .
    in choy lay fut there is a special drill called in the lee koon hung lineage " ng lun kuen " and is also a 2 man conditionning drill .
    ( and is show and explained in the new wodden dummy instructional video from master li siu hung from the lee koon hung association . www.leekoonhungkungfu.com )

2 days ago i'd was reading a note from southern chow gar mantis how they conditionning forearms with bamboo sticks .

so , i am starting this topic for hear all differents ways and exercices for conditionning and special trainning . they can come with metal rings , sand bags , jars , etc .

i hope have great responses .

thank you .

I think that the drill the "ng lun kuen" that is in the lee koon hung book the dynamic art of fighting and wooden dummy video exists only in the lkh lineage.It seems that it is more of a striking/ blocking/ reaction drill than a fore arm conditioning drill. No other clf person I've talked to knows of it. The ng lun kuen I learned is more of a basic stance and hand form. I perfer to use a partner for fore arm conditioning but if no one is around which is mostly the case I use this piece of wood that has these slits cut into them, you can get this from any martial arts store. Just add some jow and start to beat them(so to speak).

Ng lun choy belongs to all CLF branches, is the second officcial form of the system, after Ng lun ma.

SERVAY SAYS
    uuuuuuhhhhnnnnnn

Not buk sing!

Peace
    Arhat of Fury

I was under the impression that the ng lun kuen in the lee koon hung lineage is just a drill. Am I wrong? Do they teach that as a form or something else?

I think the confusion is with Ng Lun Choy. The two main beginning forms in CLF are:

Ng Lun Ma - 5 Wheel Horse
    Ng Lun Choy - 5 Wheel Fist

The Ng Lun Kuen as previously mentioned is a 2-man techinique drill working various techniques.

Peace.

Sorry, I thought was choy

Blog Entries
    Here is a simple forearm conditioning excercise that I used to do (BTW, I don't really condition anymore because I rarely bruise anymore...and yeah anyone is welcome to try i if they want to )

Anyways, get some really heavy gauge copper wire, cut it into 12 in strips. Put them together until you get a about 2 in diameter thick. Duck tape one end of the bunch.

Now you got a nice arm beating tool. I used to sit and beat my arms while I watched TV. Do it till ya can't stand it. Be sure you've got some good jow so you don't permanently injure yourself.

I do 3star blocking in a slight different way which not only help with conditioning, but also help with coordination

instead of simply using straight arms, i do as follows, for low block, I use yam wah, then chin na, then knife hand dao nao.

It really works for both conditioning as well as coordination. you still need to turn your arms after some time to get full arm conditioning.
    I suspect many clf players do this drill in this way.
    e

I do a similar method to Fu-Pow but using wooden cooking chopsticks, and also rolling a metal bar on the forearms from the thumbs to the crook in the elbow, and rolling a staff, one end in a corner of a wall on the floor.
    true wealth comes from good health and wise ways.

Blog Entries
    The importance to any "iron body" training is that you go slowly and gradually build up power. (There was an incident in my school where two students were doing a two man sparring drill. One of the students was much senior to the other, but the younger student was very agressive and would use full power. Anyways, the younger student ended up fracturing his forearm on the senior students forearm. He now has a large scar and a metal plate permanently screwed into his arm to remind him to go slowly. )

Also, be sure you have a good dit da jow to use on your bruises. Use your thumbs to "push out" any bruises. Push the blood up all the way past the elbow, then gently pull the blood back down. This is what I learned in my Hung Ga school and it helps your bruises heal faster.

Good luck.

:P