Thread: Wang Xiang Zhai info

Wang Xiang Zhai info

Hello,

Wang Xiang Zhai wrote a few books while he was alive. I am trying to find out if anyone knows if they are still in print and where can I purchase them? Also, I would be interested in knowing if there are any good books written by his disciples or Yi Chuan decendants? I have Warriors of Stillness 2 and found it to be very nice but would like to read more so any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Jim

if you're interested in zhanzhuang, I've enjoyed the book "The Way of Energy" by Kam Lam Chuen. It's more about standing meditation.

Hi check out www.yiquan.com
    and www.yiquan.com.pl
    I think Andrzej may be working on tranlations of some of the small essays that WXZ wrote about MA and Yiquan.
    Hope that usefull
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Hello,

Thanks for the info.. I have already come accross Andrzej's web pages and found them to be very nice. Perhaps I may look into that Zhan Zhuang book so thanks a lot. Does anyone know if Wang Xiang Zhai's own books are still available or are they out of print?

Regards,
    Jim

As far as I have heard you can find them in China written in chinese,I am not aware of any direct translations of his work that have been published in english.There is a book by Wang Xuanjie called Dachengquan which is published in english and has some translations of WXZ work. If you haven't already I think you would also enjoy J Diepersloot WOS vol1.I would recommend contacting the Yao brothers and asking if they can send transcripts of his work,then you can get it translated over here.
    I wish you luck,WXZ was without a doubt a true comtemporary MA practioner.
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

Jim,

Li Jiong offers a translation of one of Wang's books, along with some interesting articles at

http://www.yiquando.com

Timo Heikkila offers some e-book translations and articles at

http://members.surfeu.fi/yiquan/e-index.htm

Rich