Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of todays kung fu fighting exposed

The myth of todays kung fu fighting exposed

This is the reason the Blacktaoist and I talk the $hit that we do.
    Check the link.

http://pub27.bravenet.com/forum/fetc...num=2285854926

Now this is the same fighting we see here in NY in the ghetto everyday. This is what we have seen in our encounters with the internal people we've meet over thje last few years. The only differance is we beat them standing up.

OK, i'm ready to get bombed with the excuses.

and by the way, If you check out the link you will see that we have begun our own disscussion board. you wanna talk real $hit come on over.

Maoshan

Another example of why it doesn't pay to be ignorant of ground fighting. he left himself to spread out and got caught with the americana. he also opened with a kick.....won't criticize though - at least he did try - many won't do that.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

That's some sorry stuff. There was a San Soo guy who pulled the same stunt last year with virtually the same outcome (except he got his arm broken).

On one hand, hey, at least the dude gave it a shot...maybe it'll lead him to train harder and more realistically. On the other hand, it kills me when goofballs like this end up representing "Kung Fu" within the MMA community. If you're going to walk into a bjj studio and throw down with one of their guys, at least familiarize yourself with their game. Leading off with a giant haymaker kick to the cranium isn't your best move against, well, probably anyone.

Waidan, this was the same San Soo guy.

That clip was first seen a long time ago. It's still utterly sad.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

I don't understand the myth being exposed here. I thought it was long understood that most martial artists aren't worth a $hit when it came time to throw down.

What I really don't understand is why everyone is so concerned about everyone else's ability. Who cares?

Who cares what people say about kung fu or martial arts? As long as when they say it to your face you can say, "Come on; I'll show you."

That guy. Yea, he's not a great fighter. So what? He's taking the steps he needs to take to go where he wants to go. Some methods are better then others, some trainer harder then others. This is a relative world and you get out what you put in.

But pointing fingers here does what?

Everyone here is a kung fu master already, right?

One last thing, the answer to every single question asked here: "ask your teacher".

I can't wait to tune in next week to find what the next myth is to be exploded or exposed, maybe debunked or defrocked.

The more one sweats in times of peace, the less one bleeds in times of war.

RECOMMENDED TRAINING TAPES

rent it, buy it, steal it off the internet.. but GET this tape
    by any method necessary:

Bum Fights

on the tape you will see how fights REALLY are
    (and i am NOT talking about the bums on it).
    lots of flailing and wailing, and guys getting tired
    REAL fast.

has anyone here ever been in a street fight with a
    jiu jitsu guy?

anyways, check it out. its worth the rental.

Red face Spirit Writer

Everyones getting upset about reality because most have never had a taste of it it the real fighting world or any other so-called fighting worlds.
    It be nice if we could hear people praise their teachers now and then or talk about some of their own exploits without empty bragging of potental capabilities.
    True there are many levels in all styles but thats not important.
    If you're a true fighter you'll go around periodically testing your skills against whomever will ablige you. You'll learn from your experience win, lose, or draw and back to the drawing board PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND SPIRITUAL you better go if you get whuppped.
    I've kicked a lot of ass in my time and that included boxers, grappling, practitioners and misc streefighters. I've met real masters who me nor any porofessional I've ever seen would stand a chance against. Most will never get this opportunity.

The truth is Kung fu has always known for it's secretly and many will never see the real thing.

This is a forum everyone can say what the want so tune in to the void and see what you creative self can pull out because you'll be needing something if you run across someone who might be trying to send you back to the void.

Write a book if you want to get famous for jive time quotes.
    This forum is for Kung fu not philosophy discussions.

The next time you're at a tounament Spirit writer/ evolution fist
    put up something or shut up.

Anyone talking must put up in order to gain this fighters respect.
    This is how it was and always will be done.
    At least we can say this guy tried though he wasn't a good example of what a kung fu fighter should do. But then who is?

And thus we have the myth of the internal kung fu fighter. Find a real teacher not selling fantasy is the "First Step"!

Peace All
    BT

Originally posted by Spirit Writer
    One last thing, the answer to every single question asked here: "ask your teacher".
    AMEN, to that.

To be honest listening to some of the Folks on here I think they must be the dummest S.O.B's to walk the Planet.

They already got all the answers, true skills and know all about MA and their style, but still fork out good bucks to pay someone to teach them what they appear to know already.

Talk about getting suckered out of your allowance.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Shadow Dragon; 11-05-2002 at 04:42 PM.

Hey, I just watched a 3 month BJJ guy get beaten up by GM of a Traditional Martial Art. All BJJ people must suck.

Did I just explode the myth of Brazilian JuJitsu?

I'm glad we all want to be practicing the ultimate martial art. Thankfully nothing could ever be better for every single person than the art I train.

Wait a minute while I remove my tongue from its position just outside of my teeth.

Much better.

Train hard, enjoy life and worry more about what you are doing than what others are doing.
    Got Lineage?

Thanks for sharing the clip. Interesting the BJJ guy was just wearing shorts which is not realistic. In a street fight you would be wearing more clothes. The Karate guy was at severe disadvantage on the ground as a result of the BJJ gut just wearing shorts (there is nothing to grab but sweaty skin). I’ll say this, if the Karate guy landed a hit on the BJJ dude’s a vital point you may have seen a different outcome. I studied Judo and JuiJitsu for 3 years and I’ll tell you this, the art does not teach you how to defend yourself adequately against strikes. Bull rushing an opponent can be effective but it also can lead you to be vulnerable.

The clip supports my belief that a belt is only good to keep your pants up. Just because someone is a black belt does not impress me. It is the time and effort that you put into the art that makes the real difference. Sorry but going to Karate, Judo, or any other martial art class two to four hours a week to earn a black belt is not enough time in my opinion to become a true master of any martial art. I will always consider myself a Student for Life as far as Tai Chi Chuan or any other martial art is concerned.
    “If you open yourself to loss, you are at one with loss, and you can accept it completely.”
    - Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching Chapter 23

This show me just how dumb some people are, It not about asking your teacher $hit, if your teacher is teaching you fake $hit. Bottom line is, most of you punks can't apply your $hit in a real situation, like always you try to go around the issue of the discussion.

shadow dragon:

They already got all the answers, true skills and know all about MA and their style, but still fork out good bucks to pay someone to teach them what they appear to know already.
    If you talking about me,I don't pay out good bucks to any one to learn $hit #3. If you or anyone think I don't know my $hit, all you have to do is pay me a visit to find out, its that EASY. Win or lose, you better have a first aid kit by your side. I don't think I'm bad or think I can kick the whole martial world ass, but I have no problem sparring any internal martial artist, I don't care who they are. Its all good.

You so-called internal martial scholar punks are so funny to me, always talking about chi and unpractical Kung Fu Bull$hit, or if your punks not talking about internal martial arts Bull$hit, your talking about some chinese so-called internal form player master, like he is a chinese superman of the internal martial arts.

Most of these chinese individuals that you punks think are fierce fighters, never been in a real fight, but you fools are the ones paying all the money to these unskilled teachers. Now tell me, who is the FOOL and DUMB ASS.

Most of you up here never test out your teachers skill level unrehearse, But you dumb ass think just because your teacher show you a few rehearse techniques, means they have real skill in the style their teaching you.

Or better yet, You dumb fools think a forms is what the internal is all about. That's all most you dumb ass talk about is forms, or how great someone look doing a form, as if practicing forms going to make you a good martial artist or be able to utilize your techniques, then sparring.

Bottom line, before, you talk about other peole viewpoints , the first thing most people up here need to do is get real with themself and stop hiding like little girls behind these fake names talking bull$hit, they know they don't have the martial skills to back up the Bull$hit their talking. But many up here say they are martial artist, yeah Right.

Get real or keep the Bull$hit moving.
    Last edited by blacktaoist; 11-05-2002 at 10:20 PM.

BT.

No, I was not talking about you.

But you seem to take things very personal, got a bit of an personality or ego problem there?

As for your rants and ravings, they gone stale a long time ago. Change the record or shut the **** up.
    Seen your type many times in my yrs of MA practice.

Claiming that they got the true goods and that most of the masters are **** and can't do jack.

On one hand you want to expose frauds within the internal Ma, but are not willing to give out name of who YOU claim to have no skills.

Be the tough man you claim to be and expose them openly here, you must have better skill than about most of the accepted MA masters out there according to your claims.

So come out and proove to us that you are right and they are wrong.

But I guess you will never do that, because without your little crusade you would have nothing.

So here is my challenge to you:

Name the Guys with no skills or shut up. Post them here so that we all can read them.

I for one got enough of your rants and postering on here, you are nothing better than a 2nd class troll to me from now on.

Seeya.

OK, let’s go.

Spirit Writer

(I don't understand the myth being exposed here.)
    (What I really don't understand is why everyone is so concerned about everyone else's ability. Who cares?)

The myth being exposed here is the fact that (going back to the last myth thread) that guy was convinced, by somebody, that he could do this. Who else but his teacher.
    It doesn’t make any sense at all. This guy put up $5000, as the story relates, to fight a BJJ practitioner. Now he did have heart, I’ll give him that, but the rest falls on his teacher. Who else?
    Who sets the standard by which you follow? Your teacher.
    Who do you question about all things martial? Your teacher.
    That’s the way it supposed to be.
    If the student doesn’t have a model, what do you expect?
    That guy didn’t even know how to throw a kick. But, he put up $5000 to lose in 30sec. That should make you consider that while I don’t care about any one’s personal approach, I’m concerned about the teaching.
    Let it be presented correctly. If they can’t handle it, it’s on them.
    At lest, even if they are a lazy trainer, they, at lest, will be near some form of standard. Not Substandard.

Ability?
    You need a correct foundation to gain any ability. And a guide to keep you straight. With out it you’re just wasting your time and money. Like the guy in the clip.

Who cares?
    I DO. Ba-Gua as a true martial art is dying. And I will do all that I can to keep the truth of alive. Martial arts as whole are spiraling down a bottomless pit. But yet, there are many of the true practitioners that are not just training for a fad, but rather to truly be good. If their not taught correctly they’ll either
    1. Continue to perpetuate this through teaching. Or
    2. Befall the fate of the Clip guy 0r,
    3. Both (starts teaching and then gets beat up)

(Who cares what people say about kung fu or martial arts? As long as when they say it to your face you can say, "Come on; I'll show you)

That’s true for the outside world. This is the world of martial arts. I’m not concerned about the thoughts of those who are not a part of that world when it comes to this topic. I hate Luke warm!
    Do you not understand, at lest, Praise or disgust amongst your own?
    The spirit needs stimulation to proceed. Like-mindedness makes progress. It gives you grand thoughts In terms of goals. Makes you want to work harder.
    Somebody getting in your face should be simple task. It’s the person that can fight. That has this way of thinking, which should make you think. For with out it, you will never know your true potential. Steel sharpens steel. No way around it. With out stimulation you cannot proceed.
    In the world of Martial Arts, we judge each other. That’s the way it’s been, is and, will be. Weather to your face or not, your being judged. Don’t be stupid.
    What’s your standard? If it’s below standard, you need to be training now, to reach the standard in order to know what you’re talking about. For without reaching the standard you lack the experience to talk $hit at all. It’s all speculation. Thus inadmissible. Dead. You know what I’m sayin?

Also, Spirit writer, we know who you are. Train man, Just train.

Maoshan

First of off, I don't have to give you $hit or prove anything to a punk hiding behind a fake name. Like I said if you want to find out If I'm full of $hit All you have to do is come see me,. Shut me up, I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, any yet not one of you fakes name s punks came and beat me down with your so-called Chi or explosive powerthat many of you fakes are posting about.

I put my money down your punk ass is not even in japan, your just like most of these fake ass, all talk and can't be found.

Now if you are in Japan, I tell you what, I be going to Beijing next month, but I be in Japan a few days staying with a friend. Now if your so bad , then Hey , I'm willing to meet your punk ass.
    And we see just how good your ass is.

Because like I said, most of you internal cats can't fight, And I bet your one of them. PUNK."